NAD Remote

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by MarcUR, Mar 12, 2004.

1. MarcUR

MarcUR Extra

Out of curiosity, I was wondering how long the batteries lasted on people's remotes when they program it and use it for multiple devices. I have my TV, DVD player, Tivo, digital cable box all programs so I can use one remote. The batteries started to fade on die on me after about 6 weeks. Initially I thought it was the batteries I got via NAD with the receiver. I put in a new set a little later, and now the batteries faded and died on me a second time. Trying to figure out if its the remote, or just the one I got.

2. JohnnyCasaba

JohnnyCasaba Agent

Well the batteries that came with my NAD HTR-2 remote were really cheap, they lasted only about a week. The Energizers I used the second time lasted a little more than a month. I have found that if you reduce or turn off the backlighting of the remote, the batteries last a LOT longer. I turned mine off, and the third set of batteries were just replaced so they lasted about 6 months. I can't remember now how to set the timer on the backlighting (0 to 9 seconds), download the manual on the remote from NAD's website.

3. Nathan_W

Nathan_W Stunt Coordinator

Sorry to bump in here, but anyone have a working HTR-2 remote they'd like to sell me? I've tried posting in the 'For Sale' section without much luck. Was offered one, but unfortnately the battery cover was missing (thanks Steve).

Thanks [​IMG]

P.S. Just to be productive, the link to the manual's on this page.

4. Aaron Howell

Aaron Howell Stunt Coordinator

Nathan,
    I don't know if this will help, but www.saturdayaudio.com sells that remote brand new for $99. [​IMG]

5. Rudi B

Rudi B Stunt Coordinator

Turn off the backlighting. It's a major power hog.