NAD remote and Sammy DLP?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Pete Little, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Pete Little

Pete Little Auditioning

My NAD T763 reciever came bundled with a pretty nice universal remote that now controls all of my gear. Is anyone aware of a method or code to choose a video input on the Samsung DLP HLN507W directly, rather than scrolling through the on-screen menu?

I still have the Samsung's original remote to "teach" the NAD remote with, and I was hoping to create a macro that would power on the reciever, select a listening mode, and select the appropriate video input on the TV.

2. Dennis Higgins

Dennis Higgins Auditioning

Hi Pete,
    I had the same issue with my Panasonic PT56WXF95 TV. I purchased a Radio Shack 15-2104 remote and using the advanced code found at hifi-remote.com was able to program it with discrete commands for selecting specific video inputs instead of having to scroll through all of them. Later I bought a Sony RM-AV300 remote and used the Radio Shack remote to program these descrete commands into the Sony remote . I keep my Radio Shack remote around specifically for this capability.
    Good Luck!
    Dennis

3. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

You'll need to figure out how long ago your TV was built, it may not even have the ability to do discreet commands. That was an afterthought in the DLP television sets. Mine doesn't have it, and a lot don't.