What's new

NAD or PARASOUND or B&K (1 Viewer)

PhillipC

Stunt Coordinator
I bought used a Parasound 1000, NAD C270 and a b&K ST140 amp. Now I'm trying to decide which amp to use for Paradigm 100's and the rest for surround. I've heard that the Parasound is the best combo and it certainly has the best bass slam. However I like the revealing sound that the NAD provides.

Has anyone tried to compare these brands? What did you decide? The amps are in an enclosed space so it's difficult to keep switching them to decide.

Thanks

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Phillip,
Do a search on Paradigm and amps.You will find that the Parasound amps mate real well with the Studio line.There is a synergy between the two.I had the 100's/CC450/ADP's I ran them with top recievers and amps.To name a few Yamaha DSP-A1, RX-V1, Carver,Citation 7.1 when I connected the Parasound 2205a to the system it started to sing and really opened up.The 100's crave power/wattage, good wattage! BTW I have a 2205a for sale.After your search if interested give me a e-mail. Goid Luck.
Steve

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Phillip,

I used to have a Parasound HCA1000 running my Studio 40 mains and it really adding some bass to the 40's. The 100's need much more power than 40's though.

PhillipC

Stunt Coordinator
I've been playing amp merry go round so far and have now hooked up the NAD C270 and am very impressed with the details as compared to the Parasound. Doesn't quite have the bass slam of the Parasound but at this price point, I'm sure I have to live with some trade offs. Will let you guys know how this combo sounds. Haven't heard too much about the NAD/Paradigm combo but it acutally sounds pretty good!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks