1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

NAD - Good, Bad or just Ugly???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shane Yates, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Shane Yates

Shane Yates Stunt Coordinator

I really want one of the new NAD T5## DVD players to match my T752. I want good CD sound and progressive scan, does anyone have experience with their NAD DVD players that they would like to share? What's good in the $500-800 range? I've read some reviews of the 532 and 562 and they look very promising?!?!

2. Sihan Goi

Sihan Goi Second Unit

NADs aren't really known for the DVD players, even though they do have a few acclaimed CD players. I wouldn't expect them to perform really really well, but neither would I expect them to perform abysmally.

3. Shane Yates

I just ordered a T532 from my local dealer, hopefully it will be worth the price of $499. I could probably find another great player for that price, but I'll give NAD a try for video as well. [​IMG]

4. Alex Bischoff

Alex Bischoff
  5. Shane Yates

Alex,
    Thanks for that link, that is a very positive review for NAD, maybe I should've looked at the T571 or maybe the T562 instead.

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Shane, I love NAD products, especially their stereo amps. NAD generally makes very good products for the money, though they are not as well known in the home-theater arena as the stereo arena. For example, their home-theater receivers are generally known for being very good for stereo music as far as home-theater receivers go, but not so stellar with movies. NAD's DVD players also get mixed reviews, though they are often rated very strong in the CD department. My main issue with NAD DVD players is that at their prices, they should offer DVD-Audio and/or SACD. Just my $0.02.