What's new

Nad C320bee (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
In my continuing quest to simplify my life, and downsize where possible, I just replaced my Adcom GFP-565 preamp and VERY large Adcom GFA 5800 power amp with the
NAD C320BEE. I am driving PSB Stratus Golds.

I actually expected to have to adjust to a 'lesser' sound, and lower overall volume level in my mid-size(14x20) room.

Wrong on all counts. The C320 sounds better. Particularly in the midrange- definitely more body there. Highs are perhaps(?) a little rolled off, but I always found them too aggressive before anyway, so I like the sound more.
Bass is possibly looser, but definitely still goes as deep.

I would say the NAD 'sweetens' the sound, and makes more CD's listenable than before. I don't seem to be missing detail, but that's a tough call.

I'm loving this amp right now. Time will tell whether or not this continues... But for a $350 integrated to show up so well against over $2K of separates, well, I was surprised.

Scott_N

Second Unit
I haven't heard the C320 but I know it got a good review from Stereophile. Midrange is the reason I left SS for tubes in my 2-channel system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks