What's new

NAD 2140, Anyone know this Amp? (2 Viewers)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I picked it up for $7 and not sure what power output it has. Has anyone got a clue about this amp? I am hoping it will work great for a DIY subwoofer, two 15 to be exact.

Thanks!

Wes

Robert Woods

Stunt Coordinator
This power amp was made in Taiwan (most NADs now made in Peijing China) when NAD was still run by its importers (eg me) and the 40 in the model number was the nominal RMS/Sinus continuous power output.

The design was damn good and should work VERY nicely for you in your proposed use.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
So this is 40w RMS x2? And it also states its bridgable so I'm guessing it could put out around 200ish watts mono 4ohm?

Thanks

Wes

Robert Woods

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah - it was a very conservative 40W - like all the NAD's that were made then. (Please don't use the number system to tell you anything anymore - since the 'China' move - it can be all over the map, I've understood)

Rutledge

Stunt Coordinator
Those older NAD's are great. Lots of headroom. Always consevatively rated. I have a NAD 3020 int. amp i bought in 1980 that i will never sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks