What's new

Nacho Libre (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Mike White co-wrote both and produced "Nacho" but didn't produce "School". They do share an executive producer...

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I enjoyed it, but most of the truly funny moments (not all) were in the advertising campaign. I believe the joke of Nacho's physique was played out for me long before the director got tired of it ;)

Some nice gags, though.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
An update on the "confusion" on the score for Nacho Libre. According to filmmusicworld.com
http://filmmusicworld.com/radio/inde...products_Page=

It is not a good thing for an individual's first film score to be rejected on any level. It looks like some of Beck's score did remain...but situations like this will only show the studios that composing music for a film is a much different talent than writing songs or composing an album. It looks like Elfman has taken a very professional "high road" approach to his involvement in the film and has not allowed the spotlight to only shine on him by not taking the "music by" credit that the studio offered to him...even though he did most of the movie.

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator

That may be because Elfman's own career started in a similar manner (pop star turned film composer), though I've never heard of any of his scores getting rejected or "pared down".

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter

Spider-Man 2.

I didn't stay for the credits very long. Does anyone know if the title music was done by Beck or Elfman?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
what did Danny Elfman do before scoring? i coulda's sworn i saw him in a Batman DVD interview talking about that... forgot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks