N802's and Parasound

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Barefoot, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Joe Barefoot

Joe Barefoot Stunt Coordinator

I plan to listen to some B&W 802's in the near future. My current system uses 2 Parasound 1205's, with my main and center Klipschs passively bi-amped. Any thoughts on how these amps would mate with the B&W's? Would passively bi-amping them provide enough power to open up these speakers? I love my Parasounds, but are they of sufficient quality to do the B&W's justice?

2. Joe Barefoot

Anyone?

3. Larry B

Larry B Screenwriter

Joe:

4. Joe Barefoot

Yes to all of the above. Listening together will be difficult to impossible for me. I live on a small island that doesn't have a Parasound or a B&W dealer. That is, unless I get lucky and can find a dealer that has both when I visit the States. I was hoping someone has or has heard the combo. My gut instinct tells me that they will work very nicely together. But for the investment that I may make in the 802's, I'd like to be a little more sure. Thanks for the reply.

5. Larry B

Larry B Screenwriter

Sorry for not having noticed your location -- that does make life a bit more complicated, doesn;t it? [​IMG]
    Is this system going to be used mostly/exclusively for HT? If so, I imagine you'll be pleased. However, the Parasounds are OK for music, though not the best.
    Good luck.
    Larry

6. Joe Barefoot

Yea...life's a bitch down here [​IMG] . Yes, probably 70/30 HT to music. But the music proportion is going up all the time since my system has been slowly upgraded. Actually, the Klipsch Reference speakers that I have now are very good for HT. The reason I'm thinking about upgrading them is because I have started to enjoy my CD collection even more with my current system. To be honest, I haven't heard a stereo as nice as mine is now, but I haven't auditioned ANY very nice systems. I've gotten a taste of things like sound stage, imaging, depth, and air, and I'm just hungry for more. I'm looking to push the music envelope from what I already consider a great system, to a fantastic system. Plus, I think the 802's look really cool :b .

7. Larry B

Larry B Screenwriter

Joe:

8. Joe Barefoot

"Well, we can't agree on everything - - I think they're ugly as sin. (And for it's worth, I am not a big fan of the B&W sound."
    Then I definitely need to take a careful listen before any purchase, so that statement is worth a lot to me. I probably have to rely alot more on this kind of info than some others, as my auditioning time is very limited. But, but...YOU'RE WRONG about the looks! [​IMG]

9. Larry B

Larry B Screenwriter

Joe:
    Well, if a big, unsightly cabinet with a bowling ball on top is your idea of good-looking, so be it. [​IMG]
    If you want to see a truly elegant speaker, look here.
    Regards,
    Larry