1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

N64 RAM Expansion pack

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave F, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Anyone know of anyplace online that I can get an N64 expansion pack on the cheap? I just picked up Perfect Dark for $6.99 (thanks Target!), so I only want it for one game, which is why I'm looking for the cheapest route possible...

Thanks,

Dave

2. Ken Ingram

Ken Ingram Stunt Coordinator

Anyone have a list of games that support the exspansion pack?

3. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

This isnt a complete list by any means but i know

Turok 2,All Star Baseball 2001, SW:Rogue Squadren and Perfect Dark use it

4. Ken Ingram

Ken Ingram Stunt Coordinator

I need one also. Does anyone have a list of games that support the expansion pack?

5. MaxY

MaxY Guest

I think SF Rush used the expansion pack as well.

Max

6. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

I thought most of the games that required the use of the expansion pak came with one?

7. Barry S

Barry S Stunt Coordinator

Donkey Kong 64 and Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask require the expansion pack. It was included with Donkey Kong 64. Perfect Dark requires it to play the full game.

8. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

Most of the titles released after the Expansion Pak was released in late 1998 were enhanced by the Expansion Pak--most of the main titles released in 1999 and 2000 (and a couple in 2001). Only a few titles absolutely require the Pak--the originally-titled Donkey Kong 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask are the big two that I can think of right off the bat. The only game that ever had the Expansion Pak "pak"ed (ha-ha) with it was DK64.
    Then there was Perfect Dark, released in May 2000, which didn't absolutely "require" the Pak, but players could only access about 30% of the game without one.
    Most of the games which used the Pak used it for graphic enhancements.
    Looking back through a handful of games I've bought over the past couple of years (these are just the boxes I have handy to me): DK64--Requires, Star Wars Episode I Racer--Enhances, All Star Baseball 2001--Compatible, Perfect Dark--Required for Maximum Gameplay, Jet Force Gemini--no, Shadow Man--Compatible, Mario Tennis--No, Zelda Majora's Mask--Requires, Star Wars Episode I Battle for Naboo--"Designed for" (?), Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine--Designed for--Super Smash Bros.--No, Conker's Bad Fur Day--No.
    There were others I bought before DK64 in November 1999 but don't have the boxes handy. IIRC: Star Wars Rogue Squadron--Enhanced, Turok 2--Enhanced, Zelda Ocarina of Time--No, Mario Golf--No.
    Not sure about any games I don't own, though: The Tony Hawk's, Paper Mario, Banjo-Tooie, The World is Not Enough, etc. Most of them probably are enhanced by the Pak but I can't tell for sure since I don't own them
    And then obviously, any title released before the Expansion Pak was released in late 1998 will not see any improvements with the Pak--Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Starfox, Diddy Kong Racing, etc. They will still run just fine on your system if you've got the Expansion Pak inserted, but you won't see any graphical improvements in them.
    Anyway, hope this helps, sorry I'm so wordy. :b
    -mwb-

9. Nathan A

Nathan A Second Unit

you could try a used games store. i figure they'll have more than they want and will sell them at a good price.

10. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I remember buying this way back when, then buying Donkey Kong 64 and getting a second one. I would sell it to you for like $2, but I already sold it to someone else about a year and a half ago for like $15.