What's new

n26 or n28 mains upgrade? (1 Viewer)

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
i have the nsp1 one right now, and wanted to upgrade the mains to either the n26 or n28. i plan on using the old n24s as the "b" speakers around my computer (as right now the setup is a bit funny and i have to move speakers all the time).

now, i unfortunately missed out on jandr's good deal on the old style (non-markII) n26 speakers, so here are my options:

n26II from jandr: ~$160 shipped.

n28 from half.com: ~ $166 shipped.

here are my questions:

is half.com a reputable place to buy stuff if the person has a good seller rating? also, is my warranty going to be voided by not buying from a place like J&R's?

is the extra two decibels of sensativity and slight frequency response edge on the n28s worth it?

what stands are recommended for the n28s? i am assuming since it is a more normal design, unlike the n24s or old n26s that any standard stand will do?

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
thanks phil, the n28 would be a new in box, factory sealed speaker. i guess ill fire off an email to jbl...

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Phil - You have an excellent website. Very informative. Any plans for further speaker comparisons between the JBL vs. competitor?

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
JBL's site lists their "Authorized Internet Dealers" here:
http://www.jbl.com/home/where_to_buy/default.asp
Half.com is not listed...
What was the special for N26's (original) at J&R's? I paid their listed price of $139 with free shipping. This was 3 days ago. Was there a better deal if I had called rather than order online?
In any case, I guess it's a done deal. :frowning:

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Thanks Samuel Des! :D
Half.com is not listed...
They wouldn't be, since their not a dealer, they're like eBay (which owns Half.com now) and just hosts private, & some dealers auctions. That's why I recommended checking the sellers ties, if he/her is private or a dealer. If they are a dealer, they will usually list the name of their Internet or B&M DBA (doing Business as) store "name", which you can email to JBL.
Phil

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
Mike: That was it, but they no longer have n26 non-markII speakers listed online, which means that they must have sold the rest of their stock...

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Hey guys I had the same dilema as you. I was going to get the s center off of jandr, but noticed they only had the II model on their website. I figured they sold out of the I model, but decided to call and ask. Turns out they still have the s-centerI model and it was just not listed. I would suggest calling them because they might have the speaker you seek in stock. Then again they might not, but give it a shot!;) ;) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks