n26 or n28 mains upgrade?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David_Stein, Apr 19, 2002.

1. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

i have the nsp1 one right now, and wanted to upgrade the mains to either the n26 or n28. i plan on using the old n24s as the "b" speakers around my computer (as right now the setup is a bit funny and i have to move speakers all the time).

now, i unfortunately missed out on jandr's good deal on the old style (non-markII) n26 speakers, so here are my options:

n26II from jandr: ~$160 shipped.

n28 from half.com: ~ $166 shipped.

here are my questions:

is half.com a reputable place to buy stuff if the person has a good seller rating? also, is my warranty going to be voided by not buying from a place like J&R's?

is the extra two decibels of sensativity and slight frequency response edge on the n28s worth it?

what stands are recommended for the n28s? i am assuming since it is a more normal design, unlike the n24s or old n26s that any standard stand will do?

2. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

3. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

thanks phil, the n28 would be a new in box, factory sealed speaker. i guess ill fire off an email to jbl...

4. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

Phil - You have an excellent website. Very informative. Any plans for further speaker comparisons between the JBL vs. competitor?

5. Mike__D

Mike__D Supporting Actor

JBL's site lists their "Authorized Internet Dealers" here:
    http://www.jbl.com/home/where_to_buy/default.asp
    Half.com is not listed...
    What was the special for N26's (original) at J&R's? I paid their listed price of $139 with free shipping. This was 3 days ago. Was there a better deal if I had called rather than order online?
    In any case, I guess it's a done deal. [​IMG]

6. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

Thanks Samuel Des! [​IMG]

7. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

Mike: That was it, but they no longer have n26 non-markII speakers listed online, which means that they must have sold the rest of their stock...

8. Todd smith

Todd smith Supporting Actor

Hey guys I had the same dilema as you. I was going to get the s center off of jandr, but noticed they only had the II model on their website. I figured they sold out of the I model, but decided to call and ask. Turns out they still have the s-centerI model and it was just not listed. I would suggest calling them because they might have the speaker you seek in stock. Then again they might not, but give it a shot![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]