What's new

N24 Stand/Mount help desperately needed. (1 Viewer)

Eddie Wimberly

Stunt Coordinator
I have the JBL N24 Speakers. I've having a nightmare of a time trying to find the speaker stands and mounts that I want.

I'm looking for a pair of mounts that will allow me to mount 2 of these on the wall directly behind my couch. The only problem is, I want to have the speakers pointing toward one another. I purchased the omnimount 25RWX, but the thread on the mount is too small to screw into the bottom of the JBL N24's, and the bar is not long enough to allow the speakers to rotate 90 degrees (allowing them to point to one another). There is a larger model of the 25 RWX. I want to know the measurements of these mounts, specifically the size of the screw that is on the arm that extends out. If it fits the hole on the bottom of the N24's, I'm set.

Also, I need a pair of stands for my front speakers. Jbl makes a pair, but they do not state how tall they are. I'm looking for adjustable stands so I can get them the same height as my center speaker. So, I started to look for adjustable stands. So far, all the stands I have seen require drilling into the speaker to get it to stay on the stand. Is there a stand out there that is adjustable AND has a way to connect to a N24 without drilling into it?

Please help me with this. I am going crazy trying to solve this dilemma. I have had my speakers sitting on my couch for a week because I can't find the right stuff to mount them properly.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
. . . need a pair of stands for my front speakers.
I bought the 2000 version (looks different - see HT image below) of the following Best Buy
http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=11029739&m=1&cat=795&scat=857
I used 1" wide velcro to keep my N24s in place, with no problems.
Best Buy sells also sell the http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=11076202&m=1&cat=795&scat=857
As for surrounds. I use the supplied JBL Omni-mount brackets and I don't have any INFO with the 25 RWX - maybe someone else can chime in.
Phil

Eddie Wimberly

Stunt Coordinator
If anyone is wondering...

The Omnimount 53RWX-UMK mounting kit fits EXACTLY into the screw thread on the bottom of the JBL N24 Speakers.

Took me forever to get those mounts, but they are perfect for the N24's. They allow you to mount the speakers on a back wall while pointing them directly at each other. Noscrewing into the speaker, simply twist it onto the mound and slap it on the wall.

I figured I should let you all know about this as I had such a hard time finding mounts and no one helped me. These speakers are so popular I'm sure this will help somebody out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks