What's new

N-gage (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Acutally, the quote said sold: "We've sold around 400,000 N-Gage in the first two weeks," stated Ikka Raiskinen, senior VP entertainment and media at Nokia Mobile Phones. "Sales have been very good in Europe and Asia Pacific".
Considering Charttrack, the big UK retail games sales tracking company said the major UK game retailers sold 500 in its first week, and the "non traditional" retailers like Carphone Warehouse didn't report massive sales, combined with US retailers complaining of poor sales (and have cut $100 off the price already), I suspect that statement is heavily filled with spin.

How many people do you know who have actually paid cash to buy it? I know a few people with review copies, but noone who went out & paid for cash for it.

Hell, I've heard of EBs selling less than their number of preorders. That is not a good indication of sales. I don't doubt they've shipped over 400,00, but that is not the same as actual sell-through.

James T

Screenwriter
Even with the poor sales, I'm still tempted to grab one. But with a $100US difference with our American friends, maybe I could hold off until Boxing day.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
major UK game retailers sold 500 in its first week
I heard this too, and they said that the UK is generally mobile-gaming friendly, too. Still, I take the quote as fact, since otherwise would be lying. Perhaps sales in Pacific countries (where they're not afraid to read manga or play games in public) have helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks