What's new

MythBusters and HTF... (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I did enjoy Adam's joke about Jaime not having a sense of humor on last nights episode though. "Lets see, me: 7! You, ZERO sense of humor!"

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I did not get to catch all of last night's Mythbusters ep. Did the "Brown Noise" theory work? Thanks!

ry.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Brown Noise was busted, but there were some milder effects on others not in the target zone - headache, nausea, but nothing serious and no crapping of shorts.

John Madia

Second Unit

It might just be a result of editing since there's less time with Adam/Jamie due to them adding other on air mythbusters. To me it seems like they're good friends with mutual respect for one another although they do joke about each other's personality.

I'm not sure I like adding new on air mythbusters since Adam/Jamie's relation are part of what make the show works but I guess they didn't really have a choice due to the time some of these myths take to test.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Some do take a long time. How long was the salsa one? 4 plus months or so? I am sure during that they were doing some other ones on the side. And during 4 months wouldnt Adam have had enough time to research some more about using DC current instead of AC?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure Adam knew that Jamie was using DC current but he stuck with AC either to see if it would work too, or just to give a different result. Wasn't it after the first month that he said it was clear that AC current does nothing to which he pretty much threw in the towel?

I'm still amazed at how that wittled down that iron bar in such a perfect fashion.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The recent outtakes episode was pretty good, mainly because it showed a lot more of Kari than usual. I'm hoping for a rerun of that airplane toilet ep :)

I also looked into Jaime's company and it's pretty interesting work they've done:

http://www.m5industries.com/

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, I was confused by that pic too. A bit of forced perspective going on...Peter Jackson and Weta would be proud :)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
New episode tonight right? Cannot wait.

And speaking of Kari, am I the only one that gets the feeling she either wants Adam, or the two are already messing around? I am not usually such a gossip whore, but I cant help but notice that on this show.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Well, now i know what to do when i need to cool down drinks quickly. It is such an obvious thing if you think of the basic science of it. Salt water and ice....cooled a six pack of beer in less than five minutes.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, good practical info.

I felt bad for Adam. After all the "we can't do this to Adam" they did it anyways. You could cut the tension with a knife! :)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it was rather uncomfortable after they shocked adam.

Two funniest things to me:
Jaime:"Why dont you make him more defined?"
Adam: I figured he could use some love handles
Jaime: So in other words look more like you?
Adam: Fine I will define him more. The Jaime standard, the Greek God!

and the sign in the background at one point
"Clean up or DIE!"

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Oh man was Adam pissed! Adam pulls his share of pranks but I don't recall him ever doing something that causes immense pain. Yikes.

How many more new episodes are there going to be? We've had a pretty good run so far.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Looks like there's a "goofs" episode coming up. Should be pretty good.

Kari should have taken one for the team by getting shocked too, since Scottie and Tory both got zapped.

So there's been all this talk about Kari (which I'm sure my posts account for 90% of it :)) but I'm curious what people think about Scottie? She's definitely edgier but also has her share of compelling moments, especially when wielding some power tool.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Scottie is hot too, but in a different way. She has that edgier attitude, the "I really dont care what you think" attitude. Kari has the bubbly personality.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I just read there is a new host coming, Grant?

Also there's a nice thread of complaints on the Mythbusters discussion board about Adam getting shocked. And some people don't seem to like Kari or Scottie so much (even pre-shocking Adam).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Kari painted head to toe in aluminum paste was kind of cool, but I'm still curious about her butt being scanned :)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Are they running out of myths? It seems that the last few episodes have all been 'specials' with old myths shown again, revisited, or re-edited with very few new myths tackled.

Kari painted in silver with that red hair was worthwhile though. :D

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I've been wondering that myself, but I think the reason has more to do with money. Maybe the Discovery Channel has cut back on their budget? or perhaps this is the creators idea to feed the budget for bigger and better episodes?

Has anyone noticed that Scottie has, for the most part, disappeared? She has been cleverly edited out of most of the revisited segments and there is the new team member, Grant. Has Scottie been beamed up? (Of course, I never understood why they went from Adam and Jamie to Adam, Jamie and the Build team. Side projects taking too much time away from the TV show?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks