What's new

MythBusters and HTF... (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Oh cool, I'll have to check out that video at home... Good to know how to get handcuffs from one's back to the front.. Hey, you never know...:D Hopefully, not strangle myself... :laugh:

Jay

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Last nights Demolition Derby had some absolutely cool mythbusters.. that has to be one of the best jobs ever.

I think they missed the point a bit on the "Speed" one with the bus; both made it around the turn, yes, but Jamie's try at it was way more out of control and he slowed down coming out of it as a result.. which would violate the rules of the movie that no matter what, it had to be going "faster then" or else there would be an explosion. So, it wasn't just about the flip, but the speed.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
I kept thinking the same thing Matt. Once around the corner it looked like the bus was going below 50mph and as we know, that means *BOOM*. It was pretty cool when Adam did it the first time and it almost replicated the movie stunt exactly, even with the wheels barely coming off the ground. Nice stunt!

The pancaked car was spectacular especially the amped up rocket sled version. Holy moly! That was one of the coolest things on Mythbusters.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I was really surprised and watched the car-into-convertable a couple of times. That was pretty amazing. They were lucky that car didn't really get away, the way it bolted out of there.

My kids loved the fruitstand. I may have to save this one on the DVR for a while, because it was the best looking HDTV stuff I've seen.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I hope they revisit the rocket sled again. That was by far the coolest thing they have ever done. That second stage acceleration was massive!!!

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
And that compact car disappeared so quickly! The destruction was so efficient, it looked like a video wipe!

How many Korean era rockets do they have left? Can they make more of them?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I thought they missed a bet on pancaking the compact without the rocket sled. Several versions of the myth I've run across (including an illustrated version) specified that the car was not in line with the trucks, but at right-angles to them. (Disabled and without lights in the middle of an intersection.) Thus it was flattened in a way that a car being crushed front-to-back. along the strongest part of the structure, would not have been.

But rocket sled was really cool. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It's been ages since I watched the show (or that this thread was posted in), but it was fun to see Tori, Kari and Grant on Craig Ferguson last night.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yes, they all did a great job. It was nice that Craig had a "Mythbusters" episode and only had Tory, Kari and Grant. They are usually overshadowed by Jamie and Adam. It was nice to see them on "Center Stage".

I also appreciated that the show treated them as three individuals. They did bring out all 3 at one time.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Shawn Shultzaberger

I hope they revisit the rocket sled again. That was by far the coolest thing they have ever done. That second stage acceleration was massive!!!
Incidentally, they did use the rocket sled again a few weeks back. They revisited the myth of a snowplow splitting a car in two:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks