What's new

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Volume 2 DVD cover art! (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Are you kidding me, how far behind the bandwagon am I. I didnt even know that they were on DVD. BAD FAN!, BAD! I just remember the DVD with two episodes coming out and passing until they had an actual DVD worth buying.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just saw the other night on the jimmy kimmel show that joel hodgson(sp) is one of the writers on that show.

i dont know if that is a good or a bad thing tho' for him.

RobTrev

Grip
Trumpy, you can do stupid things!

Really excited to get Cave Dwellers and Pod People on DVD. Just pre-ordered this, glad to have Rhino coming out with Vol. 2 so reasonably soon after Vol. 1. Keep them coming!

Joe_Osterloh

Auditioning
This is from the Satellite news website. They are doing a Volume 3 as well. Great news for MST3K fans. I am still waiting for Gamera vs. Megalon though.

RHINO UPDATE
Our sources at Rhino Home Video tell us the second MST3K boxed set is still on track for a February 11 release. The DVDs slated to be on The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection - Vol. 2 contain:

Episode 301- CAVE DWELLERS
Episode 303- POD PEOPLE
Episode 622- ANGELS' REVENGE
MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER: THE SHORTS, VOLUME 1
(featuring The Home Economics Story, Junior Rodeo Daredevils, Body Care & Grooming, Cheating, A Date With Your Family, Why Study Industrial Arts? and Chicken of Tomorrow)
Looking further into the dim future, boxed set #3 will tentatively contain:

Episode 202- THE SIDEHACKERS
Episode 320- THE UNEARTHLY (with shorts: Posture Pals and Appreciating Our Parents)
Episode 518- THE ATOMIC BRAIN (with short: What About Juvenile Delinquency?)
MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER: THE SHORTS, VOLUME 2
(featuring Catching Trouble, What To Do On A Date, Last Clear Chance, A Day At The Fair, Keeping Clean & Neat and The Days of Our Years)
This set is tentatively set to hit video stores April 8.

All this could change, of course, and if it does, we'll let you know as soon as we find out.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Just thought I would say I had a hard time finding
Volume 2 at retailers, and that
Best Buy told me they weren't going to carry it.

I was in such a need of a MSTie fix, that I ran
to Borders after work and paid more than any one
should have to.

Love this set! I had never seen The Pod People
(actually, I am relatively new to MST3K, so most of them
are new to me), but man I was laughing!

Mark

Leif Wall

Second Unit
Yeah, I just ordered both box sets earlier this week. The Best Buy near me did have Volume 1, but someone bought it, which suprised me. Asked an employee about the sets and they didn't have any and I guess weren't planning to get any in either. Neither did their bigger store in Fargo, which I can usually find anything at.

So, screw them! I got 'em online for cheaper.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I just got Vol. 1 & 2 last week and the packaging is definitely unique. :emoji_thumbsup:

Both Vol. 1 & 2 have a rotating wheel where you can change the graphic to another one of the 4 movies. I also like the fact that there's a little pull tab to make the blimp go side to side :D

Amazon's Cover Art

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I ordered mine from Overstock. I think it was around $37 shipped. I hit the usual local retailers before placing my order, and I didn't spot any copies on the shelves.

Sean_J

Agent
Cool- but I have been disappointed my which episodes they choose to release on DVD...
I really wish they would release like Space Mutany (MST episode) on DVD.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Rhino and MST3KInfo.com held a poll a couple years ago where fans could vote on their favorite episodes. The results are online at http://www.mst3kinfo.com/dvd.html

Rhino didn't seem to take them into any great consideration, and we've obviously yet to see any episodes that haven't already been released on VHS. Hopefully the results of the poll will be taken into account if/when Rhino decides to release DVDs beyond the sets already released/slated for release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks