What's new

MySpace (1 Viewer)

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
I also hate most pages on myspace. And I already have my own website that I use for myself and my work, as I am a film/TV composer. (www.brianralston.com)

But, I finally put my own MySpace page up, mostly at the constant prodding by my girlfriend who loves keeping in touch with friends via MySpace. Her friends were giving her a hard time saying, "How come your boyfriend doesn't have a MySpace page???" So...I put one up so they would stop giving her a hard time about it. Although, as a result of my dislike for most peoples MySpace pages, I tried hard to make mine readable and pleasant to look at within the confines of the website's parameters. I also tried to make it have a similar look and color scheme as my regular website above, so it can really just be thought of as an extension to my regular site.

www.myspace.com/brianralston in case anyone wants to look.

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator
its funny because recently I finally put some effort into my MySpace page and suddenly old friends are coming out of the woodwork.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Normally, I would have hated a website like myspace, but since alot of my friends use it, its a great way to have a "bulletin board" way of keeping in touch, planning events, etc. It seems slightly more personal then emails, and there is certainly more personal style. Yes, there is alot of garbage out there, but theres also some great stuff. Im not a fan of adding friends I dont know. All of my myspace friends are people I have met in person.

If I had my choice, they should offer a way to view pages without added HTML code editing.

BTW, heres me

http://www.myspace.com/nostromo777

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I don't understand myspace. I hear people saying they have met so many new friends through myspace.

I am trying to find some normal guys who watch sports on TV, shoot pool, etc., but have been unsuccessful. I guess I am the only man in Austin with those interests.? Either that, or finding people who share your interests is a complex process.

Anyone care to help me?

Please don't tell me this is primarily a way to keep up with your current friends, because I am one of those disfunctional losers (translation: well-adjusted and normal) who can't meet people conventionally.

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator
First and foremost Facebook blows Myspace out of the water but though they've made it open to anyone. I still have a few friends that only have Myspace right now and the musical artist pages are good. The only thing Facebook is screwing up right now is that they will no longer let you share your photo album with anyone, even if they don't have an account.

I always keep my page private so that only my friends can see it but I wanted you guys commentary on my messy page. I try and convince myself that its got a lot of stuff yet clean or crisp. The yellow text over Adriana Lima's skin doesn't work well but you can read it. Also could you tell me if the page is framed normal on your computer/browser? On the two computers at my house in both Firefox and IE, the pink center line divides everything and you don't have to scroll from side to side to read stuff. Also does anyone know how to leave open spaces or blank lines in between text?

http://www.myspace.com/smugixxer

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
MySpace can be real good or real bad depending on your POV. For musicians it is a VERY useful tool. I have had hundreds of people check out my and my sister's pages and hear our music. I had a band "FOURGOODMEN" from Scotland contact me and want to be my friend. These guys are made up of former members of Big Country and Simple Minds and are coming to town on tour. Two of my fave bands. Wild. My friend Sully's band has had hundreds of people go to their gigs because of it. They post their upcoming gigs, send the info out in a bulletin and are selling their songs on itunes. Their MySpace page has generated ALOT of interest.
(They're also really good too....)
:)
http://www.myspace.com/thecreamsicles

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Sorry, but I cannot stand MySpace profiles like yours. Yes, you can read the yellow text over Adriana's skin if you look hard enough, but I can't stand it. You should not have to look hard to read text. It really, really, really, REALLY looks like someone threw up all over the page. Firefox couldn't even load it completely before it crashed. It crashed every time I tried to view your page. I loaded it in IE, and the pink line does divide it fine. For me, the only good MySpace background is a solid color background.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy

I think if you had a black background for your columns, it would be fine. BTW, friggen sweet MotoGP video. I gotta put that on my page.

what do you guys think of mine? I normally keep mine private too, but for the HTF.... Clean is what Im trying to be all about.

http://www.myspace.com/nostromo777

Added note: One of my best friends met his fiance through myspace.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
rAnDi... one of my many cool and attractive friends. :) With the exception of the musical groups and a couple minor celebrities.... all my myspace friends are actual friends... not just myspace filler. If Ive never met you in person, youre getting denied. (A couple HTF members might be exceptions, if they asked)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I finally caved and set up a MySpace page, primarily due to Dave Mack. :)

Most of what I've seen there is excrutiating to the eyes, and NONE of my alumni have pages, at least none they'll admit to...

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
agreed, Jeff. many people's pages are headache-inducing. Hopefully mine is not bad. My sister's "yesFrancesca" I made for her and it's nice and simple but colorful.
and you ROCK, bro!!!!!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks