Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, Nov 17, 2005.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Dec 28, 2001
    A Friend recomended me this site, and I managed to find a few old highschool classmates on there, but there definetly seem to be ALOT of weirdos on this [​IMG]. The normal people seem to be scattered about here and there.

Although, I did find a few peopel in the Televesion industry, even someone who works on Millionaire, so it should be an interesting adventure...

If you have any interetsing myspace experiences, post 'em [​IMG]
  2. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer

May 9, 2002
    Cameron Yee
    I originally signed up with Friendster a couple years ago through my cousin and as I began to explore more of these "social networking" sites I came upon MySpace. It's interesting how things work out over time - MySpace is pretty much the more popular one between Friendster and Tribe. Alot of musicians use it to promote themselves, which is a good idea.

When I first signed up with MySpace I got a few flirty emails from women in Singapore and one woman who worked for Halliburton [​IMG]. I think my pic was rotating through the "new to the site" section. I don't do too much with the site now, but check in once in awhile to read blogs from my musician "friends." There's something kind of cool to see Fiona Apple listed in that section [​IMG]
  3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Feb 29, 2000
    A friend in college had me setup up a Friendster profile. Pretty neat to see this huge network of friends. So far I've had flirty messages from a girl and two guys [​IMG]
  4. John Alvarez

John Alvarez Screenwriter

Sep 3, 2004
    I've used it to see what my kids are doing. They don't know I know about.....Stupid parents......[​IMG]
  5. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

Dec 31, 2001
    I set up a fan site for a female musician I love (it was with her permission) and had some of her songs up, but then I got spooked by the MySpace Terms of Service:

"By posting Content on any public area of, you automatically grant as well as represent and warrant that you have the right to grant to, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such information and content to and that has the right to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing."

Would that freak anyone else out if you were a musician? Doesn't it sound like they can do just about anything with your music and not even have to pay you? I haven't heard back from Happy yet, so I took it upon myself to move her songs off of the MySpace computers and onto my own. It's an extra click though to the music page, and I fear not as many people are going that extra step to listen to the music.

Here's the page if anyone wants to take a look.

Any feedback on the look? Too dark? Too much information? Too many pictures?