What's new

Mylar Boxes for sale? (1 Viewer)

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Hi ALL,

As some of you already know I recently made a homemade wood mylar box because I couldn't afford the one I found on-line. The only place I found the mylar boxes was http://www.electroshops.com/consumers/soundsign.htm . I made it similar to the black one on the bottom of the page. The one thats called "dual mylar marque" price is $176.

You can view the homemade wood one on my webpage
http://home.comcast.net/~coin-opcollector/new.html . Please be patient it will take a while for the page to load. It is the first time I made a webpage and I have onlyb had the digital camera for about a month. I know it hgas something to do with th picture resolution but I haven't had time to figure it out.

Now for those intrested in the mylar boxes......
I built the wood one to use as a sample to show the vendors that I am dealing with. What I am trying to accomplish is to make a more affordable metal light box like the one that electro shops sells.I hoping for the price to be a lot cheaper......probably in the $100 price range, instead of the sell price of $176 on electroshops site.

As I already stated in other threads this is a project that I am working on in my spare time. So please be patient. I have already showed it to my friend who owns the machine shop. Next I will be talking to a friend who is an electrician. Then I will be going to the sign supply center. I am also trying to see if I can get a local company to make the custom mylars as well.

If anyone is intrest post here as my PM is getting full. I will put you on a list and that way I can figure out how many to make in the first batch. If they sell well I will be making more and offering them again. They will be available in all three sizes. Please when you post tell me what size you are intrested in.

BTW - If anyone has seen a place that sells metal mylar boxes for $100 or cheaper please let me know because if that is the case maybe we can get a power buy instead of me going through all this work just to make a few bucks.

Signed
Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks