What's new

MyFi2 Problem (1 Viewer)

Rob.melone

Stunt Coordinator
I recently purchased a Delphi MyFi2 and home kit for home use only. Following the instructions, I connected the unit to my Sony ES Receiver and noticed an audible humming sound. I tried different audio inputs with the same results. I have used the audio inputs of this receiver before without any problem. I also adjusted the audio level of the unit which did not help. Delphi tech support did not help either. I then disconnected the unit from the receiver and tried the FM Modulator. The humming sound disappeared. I intend to replace the RCA cable but other then that what can I do? While the FM Modulator works well and sounds fine, I feel that I should be able to hard-wire the unit to my receiver. I understand that this may be a defective unit, which I can return, but is it possible that the output of the MyFi2 is not compatible with the audio inputs of my receiver? Comments are appreciated.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Rob - Two suggestions. First, make sure your input cable is plugged tightly into the LineOut jack on the SkyFi home cradle. This will usually take care of the problem.

If this doesn't take care of the problem, you can purchase a GLI (Ground Loop Isolator) at Best Buy or Radio Shack, just like you might use for a car. I have one on my home system, and it took care of the problem. I don't have that problem on other SkyFi cradles (I have 3), so perhaps I should have simply ensured the connection was tight, but I bought it before I knew about that simple solution.

The first suggestion should work, and if not, the second one should definitely take care of the problem.

Good luck!

Steve K.

MatS

Screenwriter
the subject might also need to be changed by a mod to say 'SkyFi2' since there is no MyFi2

Rob.melone

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Steve, you were right. The cable was not seated tight enough in the unit. It works fine now. What an amazing sound!

Thanks again.
Rob

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Rob - It seems not having a tight enough connection is a common problem, but fortunately is easily fixed. Glad it worked for you. I'm sure you'll get lots of enjoyment out of your new SkyFi2, especially now that it's working properly.

Enjoy!

Steve K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks