What's new

My wife just watched T2 for the very 1st time!!!! (1 Viewer)

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
And she loved it. When I married here 7 years ago perhaps I should have asked 1st. LOL I wonder what other movies that I take for granted she has not seen.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
Was she surprised that Arnold's character was the protagonist this time? I always wished that T2's pre-release advertising campaign hadn't revealed the fact that Arnold's mission is to protect John Conner this time. I would envy someone who saw the film for the first time without knowing that--it would almost be like watching The Empire Strikes Back for the first time without knowing that Darth Vader is Luke's father.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ben, WHAT! Darth Vader is Lukes father!?!?:eek: Your shittin me right?
Just kidding:D So Rod, what did your wife think of the superior and just plain badass T-1000?

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
She liked everything about the movie and we spent another hour looking at the extras. She can't wait for T3 now.

I think she was more impressed with Linda Hamilton (or is that the ice skater).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Very true, Ben. The movie was obviously designed with the idea of concealing Arnie's intentions right up to the point where he says, "Get down."

Along those lines, I managed to see Eraser without having seen a single trailer, so the part where the main villain was revealed was mildly surprising.

RobR

Second Unit
Well, you are luckier than I am. My wife doesn't like T2. I did, however, dragged her to the 70mm screening of 2001: A Space Odyssey at the Egyptian Theatre even though she begged me not to take her. I haven't heard a complaint from her since then whenever the film is mentioned :) No more "It's the Moon, the moon, the moon, the moon" remark from her.

Rod Melotte

Stunt Coordinator
Scott - don't know about Road Warrior but she gives to big thumbs up to Tombstone and Gettysburg.

I had to watch Annie Hall and French Kiss (good show).

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
I'm also very lucky in that matter... My girlfriend also didn't know anything about the storyline of T2 (which baffled me, EVERYONE knew that Arnie was the good guy this time around :) and when I finally showed it to her (in dts :)) she absolutely loved it! And boy did I envy her for the experience... Not knowing that Arnie is the good guy - she might be one of the 5 people that experienced the confrontation scene at the mall the way it was intended. :frowning:

Feng

Stunt Coordinator
I watched Terminator 2 first, The Terminator later. And I knew nothing about Terminator movies before watching Terminator 2. Strange experience. But it actually helps me appreciate the first movie better.

Stephen_Dar

Stunt Coordinator
I saw that screening of the 70mm print of 2001 at the Egyptian. It was breathtaking. Too bad their other showings tend to be whatever crappy print they can get their hands on, like the horrendous print they showed for hte 40th ann of Dr. No.

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator
EVERYONE knew that Arnie was the good guy this time around
I guess I was lucky. At the time I was in the Navy and was out at sea during the marketing period for T2. I did know that there were going to be two terminators, though. I went to see it right after returning to port and I just had assumed that Arnie was going to be a bad guy again. Boy was I surprised!

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I made both my sister and my mom watch this at separate times. They were expecting a stupid, violent, testosterone-filled action flick, and both ended up crying at the end!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks