1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

My weekend of eating fast food

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeH1, Sep 22, 2002.

1. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

This idea of a thread just came to me as I was eating my second Quarterpounder (gotta love those 2 for 1 coupons!)
    I have had since Thursday off and am going to *attempt* to list all the food I have had. I was going to make a big Sheperd's Pie on friday and eat that over the weekend but unfortenetly Panago Pizza beckoned.
    Ok here goes:
    Pizza 73 medium Italian sausage onion & tomatoe pizza woth a dozen wings and onion rings with ranch dip. Hey at least they throw in some veggies!
    7-11. Those cheesy nachos that you get to pour as much cheese on as u want. Also one of those fake rib subs that I spiced up at home.
    Just remembered this. On the way home from the bar thursday night I stopped and ate 2 slices of pizza after drinking lots of draft beer.
    2 big macs. Those damn coupons again.
    Panago pizza on Friday night (2 mediums, Italian sausage and onion and a pepperoni). But this was split with a friend, even though the next day I finished the rest off.
    Last night coming home from the bar I went to a donair place and had the most unreal donair. Its only a 5 minute walk to the apartment but there was nothing left of it when I arrived.
    2 Quarterpounders with fries and a coke that I spilt all over the passenger seat after taking a right turn a little hard. (It was eating these that gave me the idea to share my gluttony with the forum)
    Earlier today I decided to actually cook something. Since I'm leaving for 2 weeks I used up the last of my bacon and eggs in the fridge. Not a true fast food but greasy nonetheless.
    I think thats just about it. Now I can sit back and watch my arteries harden. [​IMG]

2. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

I've had a few of quarter-pounder meals in the last few days. I was sick a week before and lost some weight. I wanted to gain back the pounds (I'm pretty slender as it is), so thought the 1000 calorie quarter-pounder meal was the best way to gain it back quick!
    So, how much weight did you gain, mike? I managed to get back 1 pound in 4 days. [​IMG]

3. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

I don't even want to look...

4. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    I'm rather proud of myself, all I've had to eat today is half a bag of lowfat pretzels which I washed down with some iced tea. I'd feel much more comfortable showing my bare midriff in public if I were to lose about 15 lbs:b

5. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Good for you Mike, the world needs more crap in their bodies.

hmmmm..... during watching football today I polished off a whole bag of Tostitos bite size rounds and Tostitos hot salsa. does that count?

can't say I've had much else.. I made steak tonight on my indoor grill.... it's still smokey in here.... with rice and mixed veggies...... and last night a big heaping bowl of spaghetti with Classico Florentine Spinach and Cheese Tomato sauce and lots of parmasean cheese, big sammich deluxe a la Paul, and bowls of red berry special k both mornings!!

no pizza or burgers tho...

oh, and btw did I mention that during the past two days I've almost finished off a 12 pack of coke?? first time I've had coke in a while....

I think I'm addicted again....

6. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    btw.... where are you going Mike?

7. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

There was a 5-6 month span about two years ago when all I had for lunch was McDonald's. I was working downtown... and only got 30 mins for lunch. It was too far to walk to a real restaurant, and McDs was right next door.
    So for those months I had:
    A Big Extra
    With Cheese
    and Bacon
    (no pickles no onions)
    Large (or Super) Fries
    small Sprite.
    But even though I ate that every single weekday for about 6 months, I didn't gain any weight. I guess it must be my metabobolism.

8. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Paul I'm leaving for Peace River for a 2 week shut down at the daishowa pulp mill.

9. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Gah. My only fast food this weekend was a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese (no onions or pickles), a large fry and a large orange soda. Sunday is my free day, so I attempt to eat as much bad food as I can handle. I think I'm gaining a rather indifferent attitude towards fast food now that I've been on the Body For Life program for three weeks. I just did not feel right after eating the burger and fries (and I used to love that stuff to death).
    Also wanted to have a pizza or burger for dinner last night but forgot to grab some on the way home from grocery shopping. Oh, well. That'll be next weekend. [​IMG]

10. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

I've been reading Fast Food Nation this week and I think that's what has affected my fast food consumption. Some of the crap in that book makes me want to buy a farm and grow all my own food.

11. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

Hey Michael was it the Donair place by the Shaw confrence centre? That place is so good.

I am currently working in West Edmonton Mall for about 5 months. I have set a goal to eat at every food place in the mall all fast food/restaurants/coffee shops/pubs.

12. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

13. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Mike, woah, sounds like you'll have enough to buy some good HT gear when you come back eh? I worked at Weyerhaeuser Pulp mill when I was living in Kamloops, worked there for summers while I was in University. GREAT job, shutdowns were NUTS though, but you'll be making the big bucks.
    and all this right after you just got online again?? haha..... [​IMG] life is too cruel

14. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

I feel fatter just reading your post.

What is a donair?

15. Jason Co

Jason Co Second Unit

Anyone for a Royale with cheese?

J