My VVEGA over squeezes in 16x9 mode. How do I correct this in the service menu?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    First off, let me state that I can get into the service menu, i've been in it many times in fact, so access is not the problem. The problem is, if I have the VVEGA in 16x9 mode and try to save a value, it also saves the VVEGA in 16x9 mode! So when I first turn the set on, it's in 16x9 until I change the channel.

How do I make a change to the height of the 16x9 mode, then save it so that my set isn't in 16x9 everytime I turn it on? If I can't that's o.k. I guess, it's no big hassel to change the channel, I just want to correct this slight over squeeze in 16x9 mode.

Again, i'm familliar with the service mode and how it works, so an explanation about how to access, save, make a value changs etc... is not needed. Thanks.

2. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    :b Boy is my face red. :b I just went in an figured it out myself, it was simply a matter of bumping the VSIZ item up two notches in 4x3. This also translated to the 16x9 mode as well, so it's cool.

Sorry about that.

3. BrianKM

BrianKM Stunt Coordinator

On Chuckster's site he recommends playing with the ASP setting with an Avia 16:9 test pattern circle until it is as tall as it is wide. I did this the other day before I made my mattes and I regained a noticeable amount of screen real estate.
    Whatever mode (4:3 or 16:9) you are in when you save in the service menu is the default mode for startup.
    P.S. My ASP setting ended up being 59 on a KV-27FS12.

4. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Thanks for the plug, Brian...glad it worked out for you.

John, I believe ASP1 is the corresponding setting for non-FS Wegas.