My Vision Signature DIY Monitor Speaker Progress

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GeorgeHolland, Sep 9, 2001.

1. GeorgeHolland

I am coming along with my North Creek Music, Vision Signature monitor loudspeakers. I spent the day sanding and then carefully finished the 1” round over on the front top and side edges. The fascia is a 1 ½” piece of solid oak, glued to the inner front piece of ¾” Baltic birch. Next I need to stain and finish the cabinet and attach the base. The kit itself is due to arrive on Monday, so within a week or two I should be able to fire them up and see if all the effort was worth it. It has actually been a lot of fun and I am already thinking about the vision-c, George Short’s new center channel.
    George
    http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/georgehol...lst%3f%26.dir= /My%2bPhotos%26.src=ph%26.view=t

2. Eric M Jones

Eric M Jones Second Unit

George,
    Those look great. Can't wait to see them finished. I'm in the middle of building some Adire 281's so I know just how much fun you are having!
    -EJ
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    my HT site

3. John Gleichman

John Gleichman Auditioning

George,
    Very nice! I was curious what caused you to choose these over the Rhythm Signatures. I'm considering these two sets (the Vision or Rhythm) myself. Did you get a chance to hear either? If so, how would you compare the sound? What tweeter are you using?
    What Sub are you going to use with these? Are they for HT and/or Music?
    Thanks,
    John

4. GeorgeHolland

Thanks John.
    “I was curious what caused you to choose these over the Rhythm Signatures.”
    I had looked at the Rhythm as well, but in talking to George Short, he pointed out the advancements in driver technology since the Rhythm came out and said there was really no point in developing a new design unless he felt it was an improvement over the Rhythm. . The Vision signature uses the Scan-Speak 15S-8530K-01 shielded Revelator Mid-Woofer and D2905/9900 Revelator tweeter (also shielded). I got the kit on Monday, and am very impressed, especially with the crossovers. They are built unlike any I have ever seen.
    Actually, I have never heard either model. I decided on the Vision based on research I did on the Internet from various sources. My goal was to build a reference quality speaker and North Creek Music was consistently mentioned as one of the best kits available.
    “What Sub are you going to use with these? Are they for HT and/or Music?”
    I plan on using the Visions primarily for two channel music for now. I have an SACD player and I am beginning to buy CD’s, and loving what I have heard so far. For my next project I may build the Vision-C, the matching center channel George Short has finished and plans on putting up on his web page soon. As far as a sub, I stayed with a North Creek theme, and built North Creek’s Leviathan. The following link shows a picture.
    If you click on “My Photos”, there are some in progress pictures as well.
    http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/georgehol...t%3f%26.dir=/M y%2bPhotos%26.src=ph%26.view=t