What's new

My view on PEARL HARBOR audio (1 Viewer)

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
LEWIS, that is why i had stated in the review that the bass can pose some level of hazards to small subs,usually the HTiB ones
I don't think we ever dissagreed on that,did we?;)
I think you thought that the center on the DTS track wasn't well balanced.I thought the opposite. No biggie!:)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
:) Great review, expensive weekend, Pearl Harbor, JP3 and Rush Hour 2, man I've got try to convince my wife that one of these is a gift.

Oscar

Second Unit
Uh, i couldnt notice a difference between Dolby & DTS in the Pearl Harbor DVD, except for a wider soundstage that toally immersmed me into the film, and didnt kept me out of it (like the Dolby track)

John Torrez

Second Unit
When I compared the DH track on PH to the DD5.1 track downconverted into DH via. PowerDVD, I prefered the downconverted DD5.1 track. Unless I was doing something wrong.

Justin_M

Agent
I didn't know if this was covered or not, since I didn't see any mention of it in this topic, but the dropouts in the DD5.1 track are caused by the decoder chip in some brands of receivers. Don't flame if this was brought up, but the reason for the dropouts was never posted on this topic. And that isn't the only movie with DD5.1 issues either.

Justin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks