What's new

My TV just lost it's HD picture (1 Viewer)

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
Yikes... I turned on my Toshiba TW56x81 rptv to watch some primetime HD and the colors were all wrong. No reds. Thought it was my dth sat. provider but it wasn't. I have not tried other cables yet but may as a last check.

All other inputs work fine, DVD & Xbox at 480P, regular satellite, and VHS. Just no 1080i. I do still have warranty on the set and will be calling my repair depot in the morning but does anyone have any insight as to what has happened to my set???

Curious as to what it is and how long it may take to repair ( I only have the one TV in a small house ).
If it's going to be a while I may have to pick up a temporary replacement, perhaps a DLP or RP LCD home demo.:D

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Guy, I checked the cables and they had a solid connection, so much so I nearly had to use two hands to get them off. I switched to the other set of component inputs and still no luck. Must be an internal issue. I have no picture at all now for the HD input, it originally was no red colors, then it displayed horizontal jagged purple streaks and then it went dark, no picture. Just waiting for my repair depot to open this morning so I get a service call initiated.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
I am very glad I bought the extended warranty indeed Michael. I had my service call on Thursday but couldn't be there when the guy was at my house. We talked on the phone and he said he had it up and working and that it was my HD satellite box, not the TV. I had my doubts but when I arrived home the HD was working again. He said all he did was flip the format switch on the back of my HD sat box ( 480P, 720P, 1080i, Native )back and forth and the picture returned. I had tried that when the picture first disappeared but had no luck. Strange situation I think, by that I mean I had not changed anything in that part of my HT for more than a year, and BAM it just stops working. Similarily, BAM it basically just starts working again.

Oh well, I again have my HD and still have one more year on the warranty. Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks