What's new

My TV just died HELP (1 Viewer)

NicholasB

Auditioning
Ok about an hr ago my tv just died.

Here is what happened the best I can tell from about an hr. of examination it look like all 3 color cannos blew at the same time which would explain the pop i heard and the smell that came after it. The lenses on the cannons look discolored from what they normally look like. Now is it normal for a Pioneer Elite TV to only last about 3-4 years well im not sure how long it lasted it was one of the first Pioneer HDTV's.

Now how much would it cost to replace the color cannons from a Pioneer Elite HDTV?

And would it be worth it or should i get a new TV i have already called Audio Video Enviroments and they said they would be out to look at it tomoro morning but now im sad and mad that i dont have a tv.

Get ready to buy a new set...

Down with Pioneer my friend, down with them!

Go with Toshiba or Sony this time.

Good luck.

NicholasB

Auditioning
Well get this today the AVE people called me and told me that it will be under warenty and that they have ordered the parts to fix it. Now the odd thing is that they have not even come out to my house to look at it. And they said that they ordered new color cannons for it and that they will be better than the ones that were org. equipment. And to me it sounded like they were going to replace every thing except the screen and box it self and it was ging to be free and they said it would have better than the org. pioneer elite parts and that they would be new pioneer elite parts.

Well I dont know if the woman that called me and told me this knew what she was talking about or she was talking out of her but but I will find out shortley she said after the parts come in they will be over to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks