What's new

My TV is not turning ON - Please Help (1 Viewer)

JimRHIT

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone.
I am the (once) proud owner of a Quasar SX2751HE (circa 1992) direct view television.
I had the set on Wednesday morning watching the Matrix, and left it on the menu screen for about 3 hours. I later came back and it was working fine. I turned the set off...attempted to turn it back on one minute later, but all it did was make half of the usual "pffff" (power up noise). I don't know what happened to it in those 60 seconds, but whatever it is. I think my television is mad at me:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Any ideas or advice would be helpful.
Thanks a million.
Jim

Hal_J

Agent
jim - sorry i have no idea on your tv. i would use this as an excuse to get a new one.

saw your username though. are you a student at rose right now? i have a number of friends from there, and have visited a bunch of times. hows sam doing? :)

JimRHIT

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, I know this is a great excuse, but I was planning on major audio upgrades right now.
I was going to get replace my Marantz with a NAD T752 and just upgraded my subwoofer to dual 12 w/ 4 15 PR's. So, I am a little strapped for cash right now. I wish i would have bit on a hookup at CC for a Hitachi 51SWX20 last summer for 2k even, but alas I am now with out a tv at all.:frowning:
Yeah, I am a junior here at rose, and in fact i ate dinner with sammy yesterday...and he pretty much ate the entire cafeteria.
Next time you stop by, you should hear my setup...it's pretty sweet for a lifeguard at college's budget.
oh yeah .. ^bump :)
Jim

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jim: About $300 can get you a nice current 27-inch set that will show DVDs a lot more nicely than did the deceased. Is that possible? Best of luck. JB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks