My TV is not turning ON - Please Help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JimRHIT, Dec 19, 2002.

1. JimRHIT

JimRHIT Stunt Coordinator

Hey everyone.
    I am the (once) proud owner of a Quasar SX2751HE (circa 1992) direct view television.
    I had the set on Wednesday morning watching the Matrix, and left it on the menu screen for about 3 hours. I later came back and it was working fine. I turned the set off...attempted to turn it back on one minute later, but all it did was make half of the usual "pffff" (power up noise). I don't know what happened to it in those 60 seconds, but whatever it is. I think my television is mad at me[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Any ideas or advice would be helpful.
    Thanks a million.
    Jim

2. Hal_J

Hal_J Agent

jim - sorry i have no idea on your tv. i would use this as an excuse to get a new one.

saw your username though. are you a student at rose right now? i have a number of friends from there, and have visited a bunch of times. hows sam doing? :)

3. JimRHIT

JimRHIT Stunt Coordinator

Hey, I know this is a great excuse, but I was planning on major audio upgrades right now.
    I was going to get replace my Marantz with a NAD T752 and just upgraded my subwoofer to dual 12 w/ 4 15 PR's. So, I am a little strapped for cash right now. I wish i would have bit on a hookup at CC for a Hitachi 51SWX20 last summer for 2k even, but alas I am now with out a tv at all.[​IMG]
    Yeah, I am a junior here at rose, and in fact i ate dinner with sammy yesterday...and he pretty much ate the entire cafeteria.
    Next time you stop by, you should hear my setup...it's pretty sweet for a lifeguard at college's budget.
    oh yeah .. ^bump [​IMG]
    Jim

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Jim: About $300 can get you a nice current 27-inch set that will show DVDs a lot more nicely than did the deceased. Is that possible? Best of luck. JB