What's new

My trip to Chicago (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Some of you might remember I was asking what to do in Chicago.Well,I did not make it to any of the suggested H.T shops,but I had a great time.

I spent 2 nights at the House of Blues Hotel.I got to my little $139 a night shoe box of a room and the tv was broke...so I got a free upgrade...to a very king size room.

I ate at...Redfish,Ed Debvics,Dicks Last Resort,Rock and Roll Mcdonalds and Ora Pizzaria....45 minutes for a deep dish,sheesh.I had a blast at Dicks,I reccomend it to anybody that has no taste and likes to throw stuff.My waiter made me a "I jerk off to disney movies" hat while I was there.

I made it to the aquarium and had a great time there,I was glad to see they had normal everyday hobbiest fish and not just the exotic fish you can only see if you go scuba diving.I also visited the navy pier,it was alot of fun.I had a brew at the billy goat pub there,went through the maze and watched a comedy act.Then I finally got to see the Royal Tenambaums..A film I just have not been able to make time to see...well worth the wait!cant wait for the dvd!

It was a short trip,barley 2 days,but worth every penny.I went away to get some r and r and I got it.I have not slept until 2 p.m for years and it was quite nice.

Only thing I missed that I really wanted to do was the Gospel Brunch at my hotel,it was sold out so I settled for r&r mcdonalds.I have eaten there before but its still fun.

I just wish the cab drivers talked english...

Frank_W

Stunt Coordinator
Glad you had a great time, especially during the winter

time which actually has been pretty good this year.

Dicks Last Resort is a fun place to go to, I actually

live one block away from there.

Ray R

Stunt Coordinator
I do miss Chicago. I worked for Quaker Oats a few years back and loved going to their Corporate Headquaters in downtown chicago. The Redfish was one of my favorite resturants.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Chicago...one of my most favorite cities. As a foodie, I consider Chicago as one of the eating capitals of the US (along with NY and San Fran). It's unbelievable the number of diverse, top-notch, creative restaurants the city supports.

Probably glad I don't live in Chicago...if I did, and unable to resist eating out every night, I'd have no more disposable income to spend on HT.

I love Thai food, so my wife and I were thinking of checking out Arun's on our next visit? Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks