What's new

My toshi is driving me crazy, help! (1 Viewer)

GregZ

Agent
Ok cable guy installs a HD receiver, great. I switch on the TV, its in torch mode. Ok, no prob, I already set Preference for my DVD, so I put the HD Colorstream 2 on Preference - its totally different from my DVD Preference. Ok, no prob, change values to same and DVD and... IT DOESNT SAVE THEM!!! If I go to a preset mode like Movie, it makes my DVD default MOVIE. It also doesnt remember the pic size setting for TV. Do I have to change it every time I turn on my TV. Will this go away if I go through my receiver??
Please help, I'm about to kick my set!!!!
Greg

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The Tosh might only save a single memory preset, so that means you'll have to readjust the picture when switching inputs. And the picture values you arrive at for DVD will differ from the values for HD. Connecting through the receiver won't make any difference.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
What you have to do is start from 'Movie' mode, change the values, then select 'Save Preference'. The TV has seperate setting memories for TV, ColorStream1 and ColorStream2. Video1/2/3 share one memory.

I've always thought there was a bug in the system that would make the settings jump around, so I've always set all inputs to Preference.

It does not remember the TheaterWide setting based on the input, unfortunately.

GregZ

Agent
The problem is, in colorstream 2, I'll make changes, save them as preferance and if I go to any other input and come back to colorsteam 2, it has reset my saved preferances!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks