My Tosh. 56H80 and XBox HD pack problems

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Brandon Steck, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Brandon Steck

Brandon Steck Stunt Coordinator

Hello,

I've had mounds of issues with my Toshiba 56H80, and added another to the heap tonight. I bought the XBox High Definition pack and it works great with Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, huge difference, best 14 bucks I ever spent. Then I put in Enter the Matrix, which supports 1080i (Jones doesn't support 480p, 720p, anything) and after the XBox logo screen it goes to black, white dots roll across the screen there's a pop almost like when it's powering up, and it comes back and my red gun is all over the freakin' place. My first thought was, oh God, I blew something up. But no smells, no smoke, just a jacked up color gun. My set has problems with convergence, namely if you try and watch something on it within 30 minutes of turning it on, the convergence will go in and out dozens of times and go back in, or will sometimes go out and stay out until you turn the TV off, and sometimes the TV won't come back on unless you unplug it and plug it back in. I'm thinking this is all stemming from one of the CRT's, namely the red, since the red is the one that's the most screwed up when there's a problem. Someone please help me with this. Thanks.

Brandon

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Hmm...looks like a bad convergence board and an iffy red gun. Replacement of the board and the "red tube" could be warranted and that wold take time. The red tube on mine took a good 6 weeks. Then again, u might try and set ur Xbox to output 1080i on the dashboard....if it still isn't...

3. Brandon Steck

Brandon Steck Stunt Coordinator

The Xbox WAS set to output 1080i, but when I told the Xbox my TV didn't accept 1080i, it worked fine. Does this help narrow anything down?