What's new

My Top 10 unreleased 50's Shows (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

Bob, Just an fyi on Sky King, It's available, an official release but it wasn't released as an online/store wide release and it's expensive ($249 for the series).
Good list above. My list of 50's shows is small, but here's a few:

Lassie, especially the "Timmy" years as those are the ones that I watched as a kid. I'd want the "Jeff" years as well.
77 Sunset Strip Would be a virtual blind buy but I might pick this one up if available

Death Valley Days Haven't seen those since Dad watched that show. Didn't realize that this show was that long-running.

Lone Ranger (S1 was in 1949) Completed series, especially the Clayon Moore seasons

I'm in the same spot you are, Jeff. I'd buy Sky King in a heartbeat if it could be had for under $100. But the price tag they have attached to the set is just way too high for me.

I like your list there and should have listed Season 4 and the remainder of S5 on the Lone Ranger. Don't care about S3, but I'd like to own all the Clayton Moore episodes. And I'd certainly buy at least the first seasons of both 77 Sunset Strip and Death Valley Days.

Originally Posted by silverking

My 10 50's shows

Dragnet (no real release for this classic yet)

San Francisco Beat

The Alaskans

Adventures of Rin-Tin-Tin

O.S.S.

The Rebel

Two Faces West

Dial 999

Fabian of the Yard

The Roaring 20's (Yeah, I know it was 1960 but close)

Great list, Chris. I've never seen The Alaskans or The Roaring 20's, but I'd take a shot on both if they were offered. I have the Christmas episode of San Francisco Beat and it's OK, but I have no idea how representative of the series as a whole it is. Actually, although I don't know much about several of the shows you've listed, I'm willing to give just about any 1950's series a shot, even if it's a blind buy.

Gary "a lot of good lists on this thread" O.

Originally Posted by Gary OS

My 10 50's shows

Dragnet (no real release for this classic yet)

San Francisco Beat

The Alaskans

Adventures of Rin-Tin-Tin

O.S.S.

The Rebel

Two Faces West

Dial 999

Fabian of the Yard

The Roaring 20's (Yeah, I know it was 1960 but close)

Great list, Chris. I've never seen The Alaskans or The Roaring 20's, but I'd take a shot on both if they were offered. I have the Christmas episode of San Francisco Beat and it's OK, but I have no idea how representative of the series as a whole it is. Actually, although I don't know much about several of the shows you've listed, I'm willing to give just about any 1950's series a shot, even if it's a blind buy.

Gary "a lot of good lists on this thread" O.

[/QUOTE]

Gary, I have a few bootleg episodes of The Alaskans and one of The Roaring 20's. Think of The Alaskans as a "Yukon Maverick" and The Roaring 20's as a poor man's The Untouchables.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks