What's new

My Tivo Ate the NYPD Blue Season Finale (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Last weeks NYPD Blue was on Tivo I went to watch it tonight and it was gone. I had save it untill I deleted it, and there was pleant of Recorder room, so I'm aty somewhat of a loss. My Wife Never touches it so I know she did'nt delete. Does anyone have a copy they could send me?

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
I had the same horrific occurance happen to me with a new episode of Buffy about 2 months back. It is a faith shaking experiance because we put SO much trust in our mighty TiVo's.

I found the reason behind my TiVo's benidect arnold impersoniation. I had buffy set to "save until I delete", but I _ALSO_ had "keep at most 5 episodes" set in my season pass. This resulted in TiVo saying "hey, you have 5 Buffies stored in now showing, and since I can't delete them, the only way to keep at most 5 is to NOT record the new episode". TiVo realized that this can be a surprize and the newwer versions of the software (2.5+) all warn you when you create a season pass that this could happen. Of course I created my season pass with v1.3 so I never got the warning.

If you have a bunch of old episodes still saved on your Tivo, that might explain what you saw.

Hope that helps,

Will

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
No only the One Ep of NYPD blue and it was'nt set to record any other

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks