My tip (DUH) when shopping at Sam's Club.,Costco..etc.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scooter, May 24, 2002.

1. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    You know how they just put your stuff in the cart without bags and all? Well...I keep 6 or so grocery bags in the car at all time so I can bag at my vehicle. Makes taking stuff in the house a LOT easier and no one gives me the evil eye by walking into the store with my own bags.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Good tip Scooter.....I'm always ticked that I have to haul all that stuff from Sam's club into the house.

And I might be poppin' up at ur place!

3. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    He he, I do the same thing.

However, my local Costco has a roll of plastic bags (a bit bigger than grocery bags, but no handles) near the checkout counters that are free for the grabbin'.

4. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I've always been provided with boxes for the purchased items.

~T

5. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Since I usually go with one of my parents since they cant lift anything. While they wait on line I go get 2 boxes. I fill the small stuff up in the boxes. Easy to take from the cart to the trunk of the car and then from the trunk to the house :)

capt

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

My Costco had boxes up until a couple of months ago. Then they started having rolls of cheap plastic bags at the counters. They remind me of what you see at the typical local Chinese restaraunt, just without the "Thank You Thank You Thank You" printing on it. [​IMG]
    Sometimes the Costco clerk won't automatically use them, but they're just sitting there and you can help yourself if you want to.

7. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I usually grab a box or two while I'm out in the food aisles, then pack my stuff as I shop. The checkout person generally packs it back just as I had it after scanning the items, or uses their scanning gun to scan everything right in the box.

A bit disappointed to hear that some Costco stores are now providing bags. Scooter has the right idea; we generally get a ton of bags at other stores that can be reused.