My Tiny Mighty is here!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Williams, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

I just got my DLS 10 and have just set it up. I played the opening sequence from LOTR and Chapter 11 of Jurassic park. My initial comment on the tiny mighty can be summed up in one word...

THUNDEROUS

I will give more of my impressions after I have had time to play with it some more, but as of right now I can say that I am in awe of how great this little inexpensive sub sounds.

2. Matt Nevala

Matt Nevala Stunt Coordinator

I wish i could say the same...[​IMG]

3. Shane Yates

Shane Yates Stunt Coordinator

Matt,
    What is the glum face for? Did the DLS not live up to expectations? I was thinking about picking up a couple of these for a 15 x 22 room.

4. Matt Nevala

Matt Nevala Stunt Coordinator

I think i set it up wrong or theres somthing wrong with it. check my post for details.

5. Jose G

Jose G Supporting Actor

Shane,
    Matt purchased his sub from eBay and not PE directly- this may not mean anything, but then again it could. Also, when first reading his post- it seems the gain might be up too high and/or it may not have been calibrated correctly. There are some great guys, one who own the DLS and is very pleases with it, helping him out on another thread other than his original post. Hopefully, he doesn't end up with a bad sub and can fix the issue a.s.a.p. In terms of how good this little sub sounds, for $99.00 it will knock your socks off- assuming your room and expectations aren't too large, of course.

Jim, glad you pleased. I felt the same way when I first turned mine on.