What's new

my three sons? (1 Viewer)

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
With paramount digging into their library with such releases as Perry mason.the wild wild west.mission impossible and the upcoming pending releases of gomer pyle and the odd couple. I wonder if my three sons is on their radar.This show maybe a challenge for them to release because of the first 4 or 5 seasons were in black and white and I do not believe those seasons were seen as much in reruns as the seasons in color were.perhaps they would release a best of set with some of both the black and white and color episodes.although I would much rather see season sets of this classic.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
In my opinion those first 5 seasons (run on Nick at Nite back in the day) were uniformly excellent.

This would be a good show for MPI to do if Paramount decides to pass. From what I understand, it has been withdrawn from syndication for the time being.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Paramount came out with a "Best of" collection for "My Three Sons" along the lines of its "Gunsmoke" collection which featured both B&W and color episodes . . . not sure if Paramount would go with full season releases, though.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I for one loved this show. I grew up with it, and with the exception of the "Dodie years" - the late shows with Beverly Garland and her irritating daughter would love to see season sets. Actually the more I think about it, the early shows were clearly the best - black and white or not. If they can put out Leave it to Beaver in B&W, they can certainly put out the early My Three Sons as well. It was equally as good a series- maybe even better.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
The first five seasons on ABC in black and white were very good. The show went downhill when switching to CBS and to color and the show suffers from having dragged on far too long, as many shows do. As this was a Don Fedderson production, as was Family Affair, I have to believe that Paramount through Viacom, only holds syndication rights to it. As I have them all from the Nick run, which was in the time when they aired all shows complete and unedited, this is not one I really care if it comes out or not.

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
I mostly remember "My Three Sons" when Mike was present, and before Ernie was adopted. (Wasn't there a season, or at least a few episodes, when Mike was gone ["went off to college" I think]?).

Which seasons were pre-Ernie? (Well, I mean Ernie as Chip's friend, not one of the sons).

DG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks