What's new

My thoughts of JVC XV-SA75.. (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Ballew

Second Unit
I just got this player today, i had some questions about DVD-audio since this is my first player and experiance with it. IF im hooking it up with a digital cable to my reciever. Do i need the 2 component cables also, for it to work. I cant seem to get any sound out of it, but regular dvds play fine with sound.

You will have to hook it up via the 5.1 analog pre-outs on the player. Route the audio cables to the 5.1 channel input on your receiver.

This is currently the only way that the high resolution DVD-audio tracks can be played back.

Andrew

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
OK...now the player isnt loading certain discs. Wont even boot up Emperor's new groove. Still has Star Wars booting issues. What's up? Do I have a lemon?

Andrew_Ballew

Second Unit
so just get a decent pair of the red/white cables?
Yeah- any good 50 ohm cable will do. Might I suggest Acoustic Research audio cables? You can get them at Best Buy, I think they run something like 12-14 dollars a pair. A bargain for what you get, if you ask me.

Cheers

Andrew Ballew

Kevin T.

Grip
ok, i figured it out, i needed 6 cables to plug into my multi channel imputs in my amp, everything works great now, Thanks for the replys

Kevin

Bry_DD

Second Unit
Well, I decided to keep this player after all. The more I watch movies with this player the more I see the diff. with prog and interlace player. It's so much better with my mits 46805. Also the DVD-A play back is sweet.. Listen to The Eagles Hotel California and Barenaked Ladies in DVD-A, all I can say is WOW! Fellas that expirience dvd-a know's what I'm talking about. Now all I'm waiting is my svs25-31cs..I will be expecting it tomorrow. Its goint to be a long day today and tomorrow.. :D
Hvae a good day fellas!
Bry

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I've got a 75 and it Does have the Chroma Bug. It is masked though, so its not as noticeble as the old Toshiba players.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I must have been thinking of a different player. I was not able to verify my previous statement. I did find out that all mediamatics players do NOT have the chroma upsample bug.

Justin Gates

Agent
From what I can recall from reading about Stacey Spears findings is that the player did NOT have the chroma bug.

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit
Real Name
S
I have the SA70 model and its progressive output is spectacular. Can't understand anyone thinking it to be horrible.

dan fritzen

Second Unit
Can't understand anyone thinking it to be horrible.
I just hooked up teh sa75 to my sony 34xbr800 and progressive mode is horrible the picture is not stable, it actually moves and will not stay still, someone on AVS said they had the same problem too. I am goign to complain to JVC until they replace or fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.