What's new

My Theta Casablanca warranty story! (1 Viewer)

MikeTz

Stunt Coordinator
Bob:

Reading your story I couldn't help but think that you ought to buy a used Lexus with some warranty left and take it straight back to the dealer. With your warranty experience I'm sure you would end up with a new LS430. :D

MT

EarlR

Stunt Coordinator
BrianAe,
Thanks,the back speakers are rear left and right and rear center. The Casablanca does a matrix derived rear center as well as rear and side channels.

Earl

RolandM

Stunt Coordinator
Well nice to see you've been getting such nice customer service.

The only thing I don't understand is the part where you said the Casablanca was damaged during shipping, but then speak about a warranty repair... So Theta warrants their products against abuse/damage as well as "defects"? Or am a missing something?

To me the story looks like the Casablanca was bought from someone and he shipped it to you. It was damaged in shipping and then warranty repaired (improperly at first) by Theta despite it being physically damaged in shipping and not being just a general malfunciton? Isn't shipping damage (particularly from a 3rd party unrelated to Theta) usually not covered under warranty? Or is Theta's warranty unconditional or something? :confused:

Sorry if these seem like "stupid" questions, I'm just a little confused (and not too familiar with Theta)..

BobRoulier

Second Unit
Roland, not stupid questions, I just did not reveal every detail.

I bought the unit from a private owner when I had called theta they assured me the unit would be 100% when I received it, because it had some type of warranty from the original owner. the unit was damaged when the original owner had shipped it to theta so they rebuilt it and when I received the unit it was faulty partly due to being damaged. So after my problems the unit was replaced.

Hope this clears things up a little,

Bob

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Did any of you Theta owners notice Neil's response in the latest Stereophile that they are fed up with waiting on the big boys to approve an industry standard digital connection and our going to start implementing their own with the Compli player which will be compatible both with the new DAC and both processors.
Earl I don't know why they'd say that since there has been a standard digital connection for more than two years. I'm talking about i.Link you've got these companies Onkyo, Integra, Integra Research, Pioneer Elite, Denon, Sony, Yamaha, MSB Tech, and Teac Esoteric with products that use the i.Link standard to transfer Hi-res audio. It's clearly not proprietary to Pioneer Elite like some used to think.

Daniel Smith

P.S. The denon 5900's i.Link port currently is inoperable but not because they didn't use standard (which they did use) but because of some glitch in the design which should be fixed shortly.

EarlR

Stunt Coordinator
Bob,
Yes, I think the room sounds very good. I designed it for both movies and music listening. That is why the speakers are not hidden. The only way to get good sound for stereo listening is to move the speakers out into the room away from the walls.

Earl

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks