What's new

My theater (1 Viewer)

ChrisB

Stunt Coordinator
Well it is almost done, I still want to move the cable box to the network area in the basment and distribute it through out the house, along with the DVD player. There will be a new TV arriving this spring(shh dont tell the wife) a Toshiba 51 inch wide screen. We are still decorating as we just got done building the house 2 months ago, along with getting married. I am a Master Electrican so all the wiring was done by me. It isn't much, but for now it will do, the wife says that when I finish the basement I can move all my stuff down there and do as I wish. There are wires in the ceiling for 2 more speakers, I ziged zaged wires all around on the rough, so that after we got the furniture set I could put the surrounds in wherever, but I think for now I will leave it alone. I know alot of people dont like the inwalls, but these Paradigm SA-10's are nice. I got a pair of the 150's dipoles, but they were not allowed to be installed(WAF factor). Enjoy-
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/...ent/28929.html

ChristianW

Stunt Coordinator
Nice rack! :)
Thats probably an old joke on this forum.
Anyway, Do you adjust the balance to compensate for the mains not being the same distance either side of the TV? I would of thought it would sound a bit odd otherwise.
Looks pretty good though, enjoy it.

ChrisB

Stunt Coordinator
They really are not as far off as they look in the pic, I did use my SPL meter for all the speakers. I had to turn the rears up a little bit, with the room being open in the back area, I am losing some sound. The SVS less than 10 feet away makes up for the rears;) When the big screen goes in this spring, the 2 fronts will be on each side of it, it is all figured out in my head, its just trying to figure out how to sneak a 51" TV in the house. I know once it goes in she will love it like she did everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks