My Theater Pics

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Rutgar, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Rutgar

Rutgar Second Unit

I finally got a digital camera, and took a few pictures. I still have some things to do, lighting, plants, etc. But, this is the basic layout. I didn't have the space for a dedicated theater, so I had to convert the living area.

http://home.mindspring.com/~rutgar/index.html

- Rutgar

2. Conrad Ebel

Conrad Ebel Agent

Looks very nice. How are you likeing that Z2? What is your distance from seating area to screen? I am building a very similar room (only dedicated) and am just wondering how you like your PJ performance. I like your color scheme as well.

Good job!

3. Rutgar

Rutgar Second Unit

I really love the Z-2. HD on it looks incredible. Anamorphic DVD's look really great on it too. I did, however, add a DVDO iScan Scaler a couple of weeks ago. My main seating is right at 14 feet from the screen. Although you can't see it, there is a Pioneer Elite Pro610HD behind the Stewart Greyhawk Screen.

- Rutgar

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    The room looks great. Nicely colour co-ordinated as Conrad mentioned.

5. TuckerM

TuckerM Auditioning

The room looks great! Did the DVDO iScan make a big difference in the picture? If, so when is it most noticeable?

6. DelRay

DelRay Stunt Coordinator

Rutgar. Really cool setup you've got there. Nice gear rack too. Gotta love all those amps.

7. Rutgar

Rutgar Second Unit

It makes no difference on HD material. The thing that it seems to have improved on the most, is DVD's. It appears to smooth the "jaggies" out a little better. And, helps some on the "vertical movement/scan line" problem on the Z-2. Is it worth the $1200.00 I paid for it? I don't know. I haven't had it long enough to decide that yet. I've only watched Kill Bill 1&2 on it, since I got it. But, I must admit, KB 1&2 looked really good.

- Rutgar

8. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

OMG your room is killer! [​IMG]
    It's so different and I love the color scheme!
    What brand chairs are they in the room?

9. Rutgar

Rutgar Second Unit

Thanks Brian. I actually got some ideas from looking at pictures of your HT (the black covered absorption panels[​IMG] ).

I bought the seating from Infinity Leather. They are a chain of stores in the Dallas area. I don't know if they're national. They do have a web site though. I only paid $650.00/seat for the set of five. And they're very good quality. LaZboy wanted $1300.00/seat. Twice as much as Infinity's price. I asked the guy at LaZboy if they had a discounted price, and he looked at me sideways, and sneered, "That IS the discounted price." On top of that, the LaZboy quality wasn't any better either. Another advantage of the Infinity seating, is they come standard as "Wall Savers" when reclined. The LaZboy's weren't "Wall Savers", and didn't even have the option.

On a side note, the seating is only leather on the seats. The side panels and back are vinyl. Made a huge difference in the price. The same was true with the LaZboy's as well.

- Rutgar

10. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

They are "GREAT" looking chairs!
    I am going out this weekend to shop for new chairs.
    Bummer Infinity is only in Texas. [​IMG]
    Wall huggers are a must.

btw, the panels you made set the room off :b
    and they probably tame it as well

11. Will d s

Will d s Stunt Coordinator

Very nice setup, love the color and seating.

12. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Very nice room, This I would say is the nicest family room theaters I have seen to date!

Wes

13. Rutgar

Rutgar Second Unit

Thanks Wes, I like your theater as well. I wish I had your room. I would have to build on to the back of my house, to have a room like that, and then lose my backyard in the process. Not that I care that much about the back yard, but I try to keep the re-sale value of the house in mind, before I do stuff.

Funny, that table and chairs in living room area look familiar (only without the green paint).