What's new

My Theater Pic's (1 Viewer)

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
Oh man. Derek, you should have told me you wanted to come over. I just moved from Astoria back to San Diego. We moved up to Astoria from San Diego last Dec. I was supposed to get a job with this IT company in Astoria. Well, they couldn't afford me when I got there. So Astoria turned out to be a 7 month vacation for us. :) Astoria is so beautiful and I love Oregon. But there was just NOTHING to do on the coast. So we headed back to San Diego. I had to come back early for a job, and Beth had to pack the ENTIRE house herself. :) We move into our new house on the 1st.

But, if you ever visit SOCAL, you can stop by. :)

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Adam,
How does your wife react when you want to drop X amount on HT equipment????

Great setup Adam....

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
Adam,How does your wife react when you want to drop X amount on HT equipment????
Well, just like most wives, she thinks its rediculous. But, this is the same wife if I let her would blow $3000 on an antique piece of furniture. Which I think is rediculous.

However, I dont see her complaining when she gets to enjoy the gear. (except when its too loud.) No matter what wives tell you at first, this stuff grows on them. I dont care what they say. Eventually, they won't want to get rid of it no matter what.

Hey, All I know is when I was 17, I played nintendo, to me a HT was cable TV (LOL) Anyway,lots a luck, and save your money, don't but something your only going to replace in a few months, wait and get what you really want. I rush my HT alittle and made mistakes I can't fix, like my center channel to high in the wall, my left and right speakers are not evenly away from the TV, the only thing I did do right is set the wiring and speker outlets up in my walls for Dolby 7.1, in case I should not want my 6.1 no more.
Randy
my dvd collection
my new theater

LeeH

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, I'm 15 (and I'm jumping into this forum a little late). I've worked and payed for everything I have. I started my own disc jockey business and even payed for all my equipment there. I appreciate everything I have. Sometimes I just sit down in my room and stare at all the stuff;) . Anyways, I'm probably going to build a dedicated HT in my basement this summer and possibly going to get a FP (If I can save up enough money). Basically I haven't started saving up for a car yet. I bought all of my equipment instead. So anyways, I just had to get that off my chest. I've worked extremely hard for everything I've got and appreciate it all.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
All I have to say is that most of us aren't spoiled...most of us choose what to spend our money on, and some choose differently. For example, I'm 21, and I don't even have a car. I go to Purdue, and work for Purdue as well...I live close to campus, so rather than investing thousands of dollars on a car, I bought a $300 bike to get around. Over the last 4 years, I've spent about $4000 building my home theater. I do not have a dream job, I do basic office labor while I spend most of my time getting a computer technology degree. I get paid next to nothing. I live alone. I pay rent. I pay my own bills. I pay off my credit card every month.

...and I also mow lawns.

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
hey, thats great.. all of you.. good for you. Glad to hear you actually appreciate your efforts and the fruits of your labors. I applaud you. My rant was more of an envious declaration of how badly I wish I had the resources you guys have these days. Once again.. Good for you guys...

Derek Iverson

Stunt Coordinator
Oh man. Derek, you should have told me you wanted to come over. I just moved from Astoria back to San Diego. We moved up to Astoria from San Diego last Dec. I was supposed to get a job with this IT company in Astoria. Well, they couldn't afford me when I got there. So Astoria turned out to be a 7 month vacation for us. :) Astoria is so beautiful and I love Oregon. But there was just NOTHING to do on the coast. So we headed back to San Diego. I had to come back early for a job, and Beth had to pack the ENTIRE house herself. :) We move into our new house on the 1st.

But, if you ever visit SOCAL, you can stop by. :)
What kind of BS is that? Do you think they intentionally mislead you in the hope that you would cave in and accept a lower pay grade after moving out there, or could they honestly not afford you? I would be quite upset either way.

Well, that bites. Yeah, I should have told you I wanted to come and visit, but I didn't know anything about your job situation. :frowning: I figured that I could just ask you the next time I knew I would be at the coast (usually 3-5 times a year).

Something else that's nice about Oregon is the fact that there is no sales tax. :D

I don't think I'll be heading down to SOCAL anytime soon, but I'll let you know if that changes. :)

Kal

Agent
Not bad at all Jamie! Very impressive when you consider that you're only 17! I can't wait to see what you have once you're 35-40 years old!

Kal

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks