What's new

My Theater Pic's (1 Viewer)

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
Here are some pics of my theater. I am only 17 so bare with me lol. I am in the process of getting movie posters and 2 sconces on my left wall but that will come with time.
Any comments are appreciated. Also I will have screen shots at a later time :)

Ok I redid the page so the pics are roughly 100 k a peice so it will load alot quicker!!

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/jamie123

Jamie

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
Hey someone who is my age!!! I think I am pretty lucky to have all this stuff. Most of the stuff was from some very generous people I kno. I bought alot of it but I worked for the money and I think I spent my money good. The only thing I was I hadn't of bought was the speakers. See I bought these bout a yr ago when I rly didn't have much knowledge of HT and now I have seen so many better speakers out there and I wish I would have gotten something better. But o well it sounds great and thats all that matters.

Jamie

Derek Iverson

Stunt Coordinator
I paid for everything in my HT out of my own pocket. If you add everything up, I've spent more than $6,000. You probably think that is crazy, but I am currently attending college and manging my own computer business.

I just made a quick equipment list on my web site.

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
Lol how are you 16 and attending college? But anyways you have some really nice equipment there :)

Jamie

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
When I was 16, home theatre was hooking up your mono VCR to your stereo receiver, popping in a tape and enduring all that hiss.

Setup looks good. One thing though, the pics take up a large amount of webspace for their size.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
No kidding Neil, the page is down because of it, and I can't see the pics.:D

But hey I've been there too, with the free webpaging, bandwidth gets ate like cake at a buffet full of fat women. I'm also with neil that at that age I had neils setup. But I loved it! I at least had some 15 inch woofers in my car though.:emoji_thumbsup:

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator
I'm 20 and in the last year I've spent about 2 grand on our family theater audio/home theater accesories (remote, dvd player, etc etc.) The only thing I didn't buy was the projector, I was going to buy a tv, but my dear old mom decided that maybe we should get a widescreen to go with all the speakers I bought, then I stumbled upon the idea of a projector. I'm glad I went with a projector instead of a big tv. Man...when I got into this about a year ago I never thought I would have the knowlegde/setup I have now...its a pretty nice feeling being able to watch some of my favorite movies closer to how they were meant to be scene. I'll be moving out in about a year but its still worth it to me. I've had a lot of fun painting, tweaking, fabricating, organizing, buying, researching, discussing all this stuff. Now I can just enjoy it. I honestly can't wait until I'm older with my own house with the perfect room, more money, more artistic freedom unless I end up with one of these wives I hear about on here all the time.

The only thing I am wondering if I will regret spending all this money when I'm poor, on my own, scrapping through film school/workshops. Oh well. Some of my knowlegde about all this transfers.

Derek Iverson

Stunt Coordinator
Lol how are you 16 and attending college?
Well, I tested out after my freshman year. I was bored and wasn't learning much. I only wish I would have done something like this sooner. Middle school was extremly boring. The only fun part about middle school was hangin' out with my friends and being in charge of all the computers in the school.

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
Ya I kno the pics are huge but I dunno how to make them any smaller. I used frontpage to make this make cause I'm pretty dumb when it comes to web page making.

Jamie

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I was finally able to see the site pics. Nice upgrade man. Congrats.

Yeah, I would have killed to have that stuff at your age.

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have an suggestions to make my room better or anything? The pics are smaller now so they don't take years to load :)

Jamie

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
I'm sorry, but all these, I'm 15 and I have a FP setup are killing me. I know you guys are proud of what you have, and heck, we like to see this stuff. But I have to say, that when I was your age, working for money wasn't a "summer pastime", I had to work and help out where I could. What I have now, although its not a FP system, I have had to save up for and because of that, I not only enjoy it immensely, I greatly appreciate it. I'm not going to point the finger here at anyone on this forum, but it seems to me that kids these days have it too easy. They seemingly always get what they want, and don't appreciate it when they get it.

blah! Rant over!

BTW, it is a nice setup, congratulations !

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Nice the more I look the more people I find that own Cerwin Vegas like myself. I will be upgrading this weekend though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks