My Theater Pics(bandwidth warning)

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by BrentN, Jul 20, 2003.

1. BrentN

BrentN Extra

Well, my theater was done on the budget of a 19 year old college student, using ebay as my source for the reciever/speakers and projector. The screen is the stuff that's been talked about alot on AVS Forums and such. It's projecting ~69" picture. Future plans include, finishing and cleaning up the room and building speaker stands (as opposed to using my very very old speakers. Not pictured is my Zenith turntable/8trac/am/fm/cassette unit, as i have no where to put it right now. [​IMG]

The Projector - InFocus LitePro 550, circa 1996:
    [​IMG]

The Screen (Parkland Plastics Stuff) and LF,C,RF Speakers:
    [​IMG]

The Rack - RCA RT2350 receiver, Apex AD1500 DVD, Pelican A/V Switch, PS2, N64, NES, and movies:
    [​IMG]

Right Rear Speaker:
    [​IMG]

Left Rear Speaker:
    [​IMG]

Sub placed under couch for that realistic feel [​IMG] :
    [​IMG]

Screenshot from GTA: Vice City, with washout from windows:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot from The Boondocks Saints DVD with washout from windows:
    [​IMG]

2. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

Good job! I remember what it was like being 19...two years ago. [​IMG] Just a comment on the pictures tho...they're a little dark, you can't make out a lot of the hardware too well. Maybe turn the lights on for the shots that aren't of the screen...

And I love the old-school first gen NES console. [​IMG]

3. BrentN

BrentN Extra

the lights are on for all the shots, except the screen shots. the flash on the camera kinda makes it looks dark except for where the flash is. :S i'll play around with it later, see if i can get some better pics. [​IMG]

4. victor-eyd

victor-eyd Extra

Boy, when I was 19 we didn't even have Dolby surround yet. Amazing what you can get nowadays for items we thought 10 years ago was almost impossible to buy unless you were super rich: front projector, dolby digital receiver, dvd player with progressive scan and region-free, and cheap! Great starter system Brent. I'm only sorry to say that you've spoiled yourself with this type of big-screen experience and it only gets more elaborate(and expensive) from here on out. Have fun!

5. BrentN

BrentN Extra

heh... i'm already plotting for when i graduate and have some money comin' in... there's no breakin' out is there? lol

6. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    Just curious how much did you pay for the projecter? Back when I was a 19 year old college student I had the most impressive system in the dorm and it was a 13" tv, mono VCR + a boombox [​IMG]

7. BrentN

BrentN Extra

projector was $250 shipped off of ebay...

8. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

To be 19 yrs old and be able to play your PS2 on a projector!?!?! It just doesn't get any better than that!