What's new

My Theater Pics are finaly up (1 Viewer)

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
I took these pic a couple months ago after mostly everthing was done. There already outdated since i added SACD/DVDA. and repainted the white screen grey. This is only supposed to last me a year since we might be moving so i tried to spend as little as possible. I think it came out pretty well astecily but the room has many anyoances, like, the temprature can't be regulated and the laundry/ utility room is right in back and when the washer is going, forget about doing anything in there.

Component list:
speakers: Dahlquist qx9, qx60c, qx20r, SVS 20-31pci
HarmanKardon 525, Chiro c-300 amp, HK dvd-25, pioneer 563a, philips dvd player, Panasonic a200u, DIY screen DIY rack, DIY acoustic panels, cables by bluejeans, rhino, heartland, monster, pronto neo remote

Go here for Pics
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4179149
if the direct link dosn't work
go here
http://photo.epson.com/index.html and put in [email protected] to find my gallery
I have some screen shots up too.

Thanks to all the users of the HTF for there help and advice
-eric

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Those screen shots look amazing! Nice job. Those Ikea chairs are really comfortable.

The swinging speakers are a neat solution. And I kinda like the rustic flexy.

I didn't see any pics of your DIY screen. What's it made out of?

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
thanks, the screen isn't visable since i pasted a picture over it, The screen is just canvas streteched over a basic wood frame, I was going to use somthing more rigid but they wouldn't fit in the car. The canvas was more dificult to paint vs sheetrock. I intialy followed a recipe by DDog found at the avsforum, but it wouldn't lay down even w/o roller marks so i painted it back flat white, but i soon got tired of the high black level, and then gave the silver paint 1 more chance. Instead I used a lot of flat white, a little silver grey, a little black and a pinch of red, works pretty good. Theres no border on it yet, It looks fine without one though. The flexy is kinda giving me problems, cause the bolts lossen so fast, and then the whole thing shakes easily if not tightened reguarly

CRyan

Screenwriter
For a quick fix that will work and keep you from having to take it completely apart - tighten the hell out of the flexy and then place a drop of epoxy "under" each nut. Thick three-dimensional epoxy.

Looks good btw.

C. Ryan

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
what kind/brand of epoxy would work best for a metal to acyrlic bond? Under each nut? what about the washer?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Great job on the HT and the screen shots. I am a bit of a screen shot fanatic so I can really appreciate the work you did.

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
thanks Neil, I also like looking at screenshots, even though I know they're probly not even close to the real thing in terms of contrast, detail or color, the whole photo process/digitizing/editing basicly changes everything, but they are fun to look at , can't explain why though.

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the tip mike, would you use the maximum strength or medium strength version, I would like to dissaseble the rack in a year when i move, so I think if i use the max version then the nut might be permently stuck.

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
So...

How does the meter reader check your gas meter monthly? Do you invite him (her?) in for a movie? :D

Seriously, nice job.

Medium strength locktite should work fine.

Bobby C

Stunt Coordinator
Nice job! I'd use medium locktite as well.

Why did you mount your surrounds to swivel out? Was it to get more clearance when the HT was not in use? Interesting idea;)

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
the gas company comes once in a while, but i'm never there when they do come by, It's kinda anoying though, when they come by cause they track dirt and stuff in to the house when they check it. The gas meter makes cliking noises so thats relly anoying and i'm always thinking that when the guy does come to check the meter he might knock over a speaker or something. I made the rears to swing out because in the room there are doors on the back/left back/right, and you can't mount the speakers on doors so I mounted in back. But i read that it's better to have the rears to the sides and a little back. So i made theme swivel to be at the optimum position, but then if i did swivil them i would have to recalibrate and after every use i would have to manuely push them back cause you would hit your head and not be able to open a door if you left them out. So now I just leave them on the back wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks