What's new

My theater is done, well almost! (1 Viewer)

Steve Adams

Second Unit
The room is finished, and equipment is in. I royally messed up my rear speaker mounts in the wall. im not very pleased about that. and there is a little more sound tranmission than I would like outside the room but that was with the system running really good. inside, the room sounds excellent, very dead, no echo, or anything like that, lots of low end in there too, even if it's only with my psb alpha's. I would like to post some pics but dont have a hosting service...is there anyone who would like to pop a few up for me? I would really appreciate it. the almost finished part is, im waiting on my black room darkening blind, and my projector and screen....all in all im very pleased with how it came out...just have to tidy up some loose ends now and straighten away the room.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Congratulations. What projector and screen solution have you found? FYI, I use a PSB Alpha C as the rear centre.

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,

Congrats on the theater, looking forward to some pictures.

Check out yahoo, their free hosting is quite dependable and all you have to do is to upload the picts and give us the link.

Steve Adams

Second Unit
cool thanks chadlyT. I am using the boxlight projector, the one that is the same as the sanyo plv-z1 except with a better warranty and a 96" diag, wall mount screen. whatever brand my dealer sells...for the rear im using an alpha midi speaker. small but does the job. my room is 13x14 so small is good...

Jared Neumann

Stunt Coordinator
I did the same with my back surrounds, missed the beam and spent 2 days re spackeling, sanding and pianting

Steve Adams

Second Unit
yeah, i just mounted them best I could. no fixing the wall yet for me. too p.o'ed! I cant wait for the rest of the gear, and new seating......

Steve Adams

Second Unit
thanks, I will have 3 black leater recliners there, the screen, and the projector, and no laundry on the floor!:b

I will keep updating when new pics are taken....

Steve Adams

Second Unit
Well, another peice of the HT puzzle is going to be ordered within a week, my dayton 10" sub. this should be perfect for what I want, and you cant' beat the price. I was going to buy a psb subzero off a friend but the 10" dayton sounds to be much better.....

LeeH

Stunt Coordinator
I just read my post from awhile back and I decided to check your theater out. congratulations! Your plans sound great and everything looks good so far. Do you plan on any type of curtains or theater seating? I can't wait to see pics when it's complete (although they are never complete). Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I am currently getting all A's in school! NO SLACKING!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks