My theater finally up

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Matt Weldy, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

The digital camera I used is very old so some pictures are not very good. And its my first website so bare with the at least for now very basic site.

www.mattweldy.com

any comments would be greatly appreciated

2. David Campbell

David Campbell Auditioning

Very nice... I have built a similar setup but have a 36" direct view HD TV (weighs a ton) and built the cabinet as 3 sections.. all are on heavy industrial casters so I can roll them out to get to the cables... Yours looks great... Hope you enjoy it.

Dave

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Matt:

You have a real talent with the woodwork in your entertainment center.

Way to go.

Parker

4. JayPo

JayPo Stunt Coordinator

Hey Matt,

Looks great! Your woodworking skills are well on display ... I could only hope for some of that talent. Quick question, where did you get the fabric for your screens? And how were they attached?

Thanks.

5. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

I got the screen fabric at JOANN Fabrics. You usually have to ask for it I tried many times to find it on my own and couldn't. As far as the attachment. I just went to LOWES and got the cheapest wood I could I bought strips of maple or someting I can remember. I then ripped stips to make a fram that would fit into my opeaning. I then spray painted it black. I used carpet tape its double sided and then raped it around the edge and stapled it also. I bought cabinet magnets. Like what are usually on stereo cabinets. That when you push on it, it goes in and out. I was going to mount them on the side of the cabinet and the magnet plate on the fram of the fabric. so you would just line up the magnet point and push to secure it and then push agian to release it. But what I found out was because I wraped the fabric there was just enough friction to hold it in place. I still will probably put the magnets on. Becasue it is winter now and the wood fram is starting to move and will need to secure it with a little more force to keep it in its position. Thanks again for the complement if you need a picture of the fram just give me you email and I'll take a close up.