What's new

My Tempest Sonosub is finally done * PIC * (or so I thought...) (1 Viewer)

Mike Dr

Stunt Coordinator
Well on friday I finally put together my tempest sonosub.. the project took quite a while, made a huge mess of my basement and was quite satisfying to build.. so needless to say I was quite excited to put in the last screw in.... hooked it up to my receiver, put in the Avia disc to do a quick test and ....... NOTHING... not a peep... absolutely nothing.. i have traced the problem to a faulty amp (PE 250Watt amp).. so Now i have to wait at least another week to get a replacement...oh well, at least i'll have time to sand down some ugly parts and possibly repaint some portions etc ... here's a quick pic of the semi-finished product... for reference's sake, the tv is a 35" and the sub behind it is 21" x 21" x 21" ...... the final dimenions of this my sonosub is 5'1" tall by 19" diameter.
(I know there are quite a few imprefections in the final finish, but it's not done yet :))
well it seems I cant link a pic from imagestation so here's the link to it:
Link Removed

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
oooooh flush mount amp :) i hope you have more pics, especially of how you flush mounted the amp. i don't see any imperfections though, looks good to me. and of course tell us it how it sounds too!

Mike Dr

Stunt Coordinator
well the voice coils werent out of sync but even if by some chance they are, i also measured no voltage across any of the outputs...
yes I do have more pics that I'll be posting very soon.. the flush mounting probably was one of the hardest things to make (try cutting a 3/4" piece of MDF at 37 degrees with a jigsaw and make it a straight line...).. not to mention the sealing which i've still yet to test but should be pretty leak-proof w/ all that silicone.. ok let me go sort through the pics.. maybe i'll post them very soon :)

Mike Dr

Stunt Coordinator
PICS POSTED!
ok here's all of them:
Link Removed
notice I had a trial amp mount before I settled on the one i'm actually using now .. the ones that say FINAL on them are obviously the final design :)
enjoy the pics

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks