My SVS was delivered this morning

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee Forsythe, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Lee Forsythe

Lee Forsythe Extra

I just finished hooking it up and calibrating it. It rocks! I got the 25-31 pci.I live in an apartment so this plenty for me.I'm running it with an Onkyo TXDS595 and Mirage OM series speakers all around.I want to thank everyone at HTF because without you guys I wouldn't have known about SVS.They are truly a top notch company.I placed my order on Sunday and it arrived this morning at 10:00am.Product and service have both exceeded my expectations.Now I have to go play some more.Later-Lee [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mike Fritz

Mike Fritz Auditioning

I also received my 25-31PCI this afternoon. One word... "WOW!". This is truly a great speaker. I ordered the B stock , can't tell why it was a B stock either.

3. Binh Vu

Binh Vu Stunt Coordinator

My 20-39pci will be here this Friday, I'll have the whole weekend to f*** with it. I tried to get a B stock but they didn't have any pci series Bstock

4. Tommy_W

Tommy_W Extra

I ordered today too! But...I ordered the 25-31PC+ sub so I will have some waiting to do!

5. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Lee
    I see you live in an apartment too. do you have any problems with the SVS rattling the floor and walls? (try Phantom Menace pod race if you haven't had this problem yet.) I do [​IMG]
    just waiting for the day the neighbours complain...

6. Lee Forsythe

Lee Forsythe Extra

Yee-Ming-I only got to play with my sub for about 2 hours before I had to go to work.No rattling of the walls yet.Give it time![​IMG] I'll have to check out the Pod Race and see what happens!I live on the ground floor so hopefully I won't bother anyone too much.Plus, my building is built on a hill so there is no one beside me(my side is 3 stories and the other side is only 2).Also, I have an end unit and I'm friends with my upstairs neighbors(although that may change now![​IMG] Lee

7. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Lee:
    within 10 minutes of playing with the sub I was rattling the walls already! (see my own thread) although having said that, I now realise the sub's gain was a bit high and it was running "hot".
    either that, or the building's "lightweight aerated concrete" construction is rather flimsy, making it easy for a monster like the SVS to rattle the walls and floors. [​IMG]
    have fun! I'm sure you will!

8. TonyTone

TonyTone Supporting Actor

Man, all these positives regarding the SVS makes me wanna go out and get one. Seriously though, I've been doing some "research" and I had initially decided I wasn't gonna spend more than $300 (if at that) for a sub; after reading all this, I've decided that if I'm gonna get a sub, the SVS 25-31 PCi it will be, even at $500...[​IMG]
    Tony

9. Binh Vu

Tony, what are you waiting for? Give them a call on Mon and you should have it by Thur or Fri. I suggest you spend another 50 bucks for 20-39 and you won't have to look back. Total $589.70 shipped to your door.
    My 20-39pci will be here tomorrow morning for damn sure. Lets see what gonna happen this weekend, my next neighbor is a cop!

10. Scott Garmon

Scott Garmon Auditioning

If anyone is interested, I am selling two SVS 25-31 CS series subs with the 600 watt Fidek amp over in the hardware for sale section of the forum. Both subs and amp have never been used and are in their original shipping boxes. The asking price is $749 plus shipping (discounted through corporate account).

Even if you don't need two subs (but who doesn't?), that's only $375 per sub.

11. TonyTone

TonyTone Supporting Actor

Binh--the 20-39 is really nice but...as it is, the wifey would probably already balk at the price for the 25-31, so you can imagine what her take would be if I pushed for the 20-39. Plus--I would imagine that a 20-39 is begged to be driven hard so as to feel them really low frequency bass--unfortunately, the wife wouldn't be too keen about that...[​IMG]
    Tony

12. Tyson

Tyson Stunt Coordinator

Yes, check the subwoofers for sale section. There are a couple of used SVS' there (including mine, a 16-46CS) for very cheap.

13. Binh Vu

Tony, I was in your position last few weeks. I posted here and was looking for a sub under 10" ~300 bucks. But people on this board recommended SVS. After I begged and bothered her for few days [​IMG] she had no way to go.