What's new

My SVS rocks literally! (1 Viewer)

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
I have 16-46cs plus, I visited a HT store and they had some 802s hooked up with a sub I think it was a sunfire. They played Toy Story 2 which having my sub for months now I never got around to testing. I thought the speakers were awesome and the bass sucked. Let me here this on my system with my sub I said to myself. Not that my system is a $40000 Mark Levison with a Revel speaker system. Although I am just as proud with my Outlaw 950/770 combo. I popped in the DVD and in the opening scenes it just started making my sub dance. Now I have tested U571, and TPM, and Matrix, Gladiator, whatever it has never happened. Anyway it felt almost stressed, and of late it could not handle the DTS intro. Would one of those subsonic filters help me go louder? The sub is on level ground what is the deal with that?

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
If the sub is dancing, then perhaps weigh it down. You can buy a barbell disc at a sporting good store and put it on top or something.

If you arn't pleased with the bass, is your sub located in the corner like SVS recommends?

I'd check the settings and recalibrate if it can't handle a DTS intro.

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
It is in the corner, it only moves back and forth on that opening scene in Toy Story 2. Thanks for the reply, your the only help I have gotten even though 200 people read this thread.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
How loud is it now?

Why are you watching the sub and not the movie?

Yes, a subsonic filter will help put the power where you need it instead of wasting it on the deep sloppy stuff, but you're tuned to 16hz anyway. Would you want to spend the money to cure a problem that could only exist on less than 2 minutes of all the DVD's out there?

If you want to go ape$#!+ loud, get a second sub, or a smaller SVS+. Also check phase relationships betwix'd the sub and mains if you run them large (you shouldn't, usually).

What amp do you run? Several have built in SS filters to begin with. Like the $100 PE amo - swap resistors and tune the amp to your needs...

Nuff Sed?

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
A testament to the woofer I guess that it has enough power to make your sub jump up and down. :)
Perhaps the folks at SVS should start loading the subs down with lead or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks