What's new

My Svs Pb-10 Is Coming Today! (1 Viewer)

Blaine_M

Second Unit
October 17th......a friend of mine ordered his closer to the end of October, I believe he is getting his today as well.

Sean Mc

Agent
My PB10-ISD tracking number came today, scheduled delivery is the 8th :)

I ordered mine on 10/31.

I'm not going to take the day off since I have no idea when it's coming and I should probably go to class.

Is this your first SVS Blaine? This is replacing my Dayton Tiny Mighty and I'm really excited.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Congrats Blain and Sean. You guys have one heck of a sub on the way. Although I have ran many SVS options the PB10-ISD has to be one of my favorites. $$ per db/sound performance, the PB10-ISD is a true winner. I get a very flat response down to 17Hz in my 2880^.

Blaine_M

Second Unit
Yes, my first SVS. It is replacing an Energy E:XL10, I'm not 100% sure that is the right model number, but something like that. Got home yesterday just in time to catch the UPS guy. I thought I was getting an appliance of some type, the box is huge. Packing is amazing on this thing by the way! I opened up both boxes (it is double boxed) and flipped it upside down and lifted the boxes off. It is a heavy monster that's for sure. I did have a hard time getting it in the door myself just due to the weight and size. Anyway, It made my old sub seem very smallish (old sub was about 16inches square). The cabinet is very solid, I love the finish, seems very durable. I went ahead and dropped it right next to my entertainment center where my old sub sat (someone else said the magnet screwed up his TV, it didn't bother my TV). Where I have it is not quite in a corner, about 4 feet away, but I still get a lot of the corner loading effect where it is. When I sent my drawing to SVS-Ron he said that should be a good spot for it. Anyway, I hooked it up and tried some music first, very musical. Way tighter sound than my old sub. I then put in the eagles hell freezes over DVD. Again, very nice clean sound. At this point I was impressed, but not knock your socks off impressed. Then I moved on to movies. I put in Jedi, played the scene where the sail barge blows up, very very nice, now I'm WAY impressed. I didn't feel like sitting all night and trying different scenes out, so I just put in Day After Tomorrow, I figured it should have some good low end to check out, I was not disappointed. To sum up my opinion so far, had I just walked into the room and started listening without knowing what the sub was, I would have thought it to be anywhere from a $600 to even a $1000 sub. I've heard some subs that were $1000 at local dealers and they didn't sound as good as this one. I don't see how anything else in this price range could compete with this sub. My only complaint is SVS needs to put a logo under the grill! That way I can take the cover off and people can still see what the sub is! On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 10. Oh, I have not had time to fully set up my parametric EQ yet, it will be interesting to chart the frequency response when I have time.

Blaine_M

Second Unit
Yeah, I could do that, but it wouldn't really go with my room very well.........I just need a little emblem to put on the sub under the cover!

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member

Hi Blaine:

That's really the way it should be with music: Tight, clean, blends well, draws no attention to itself, etc.

If you find yourself being immediately impressed by a subwoofer with music, it more than likely exhibits a pronounced mid-bass emphasis, which will quickly grow fatiguing.

As you observed, the time for "wow" should be on movies with strong content in the 20-25 Hz region, which is where the PB10-ISD will really shine, and will flat bury the Energy sub it replaced.

Blaine_M

Second Unit
I could do that, but most of the time I do leave the grill on, just when friends come over and I'm showing off I take it off. I can't say enough how impressed I am with this sub! I got the thing just in time for our ROTK Extended movie night next week as well. Hopefully I'll have time to dial in the EQ before then, but as well as it sounded, I might not even need the EQ. I'll graph the response and if not I'll ebay it!

Sean Mc

Agent
I'm glad to hear you're another impressed customer Blain.

I've been checking the tracking on mine all day. I think it's going to get here tomorrow as scheduled. It's less than 100 miles away now. I can't wait. Too bad I have a midterm tomorrow night that I'll be studying for throughout the day. I'm sure if it comes though I'll make some time to demo it :)

I hope yours is on the way too EdNichols. They got in a shippment of enclosures on Dec 3rd that they were waiting for. I hope they don't run out before they get to yours.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
sean,
what part of wisconsin are you from....enjoy that svs ...I just sold off my SVS 25-31PC+ to support some of my other upgrades...I then have to think of what will replace it early next year....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks