What's new

My SVS just arived!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
Wooohooo....now I just have to make it through the rest of day at work as they sit in plane view:angry: :D UPS also gave me a little scare...they pulled up and only unloaded the two sub boxes...no amp:angry: but then he made another pass and had the amp...he just forgot to unload it...bastard!:D I cant wait to hook these bad boys up and see how they compair to my PW-2200.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Mark,

Good to hear.

"I cant wait to hook these bad boys up and see how they compair to my PW-2200"

That should be a short test. At the greater expense of the SVS package you have you should expect some startling differences.

Just remember, "the SPL meter is my friend".

Grab one if you don't have one and at least make it a fair fight. A quick spin of Video Essentials or Avia and you should be up and running quickly.

Don't hesitate to drop us an e-mail if you have any questions as you set things up.

Ron

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
I have the meeter already and I have the Ultimate DVD platinum DVD...its not AVIA or VE but it will work for now!! I'll let you know how it goes, but I am expecting dual 39+/S1000 to stomp the PW-2200:D ;) .

JerryW

Supporting Actor
I guess Patrick's wondering if you're THE Mark Guidry (born in Lafayette, La), jockey extraordinaire... otherwise known as "The Louisiana Lightning" and "The Marvel of the Midwest". Winning 234 of 1,281 starts in a single year (`99) is pretty damn impressive.
BTW, Patrick, sounds like you need to spend less time at the track. ;) j/k

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
hahaha I see...no not me...I would slow down the horse too much...im 6' 230lbs:D not jocky material..heh heh! Damn it needs to be 5 already...I m dying to get the SVS hooked up!

JerryW

Supporting Actor
hahaha, yeah, you'd need to ride a Clydesdale to be competitive. ;) Most jockeys are 5'-5'4" and 100-120lbs... I'm sure that puts most of us out of that sport. :D
Good luck on the SVS'. You may not be a millionaire, but you'll sure sound like one.

MarcVH

Second Unit
Just be sure that you have speaker cables, banana plugs, cheater plug, whatever you may need to get them working. It's not safe to be driving to the store while under the influence of gotta-hear-what-my-new-SVS-sounds-like.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Mark,

That's the 3 prong to 2 prong power adaptor/plug that some folks use to get rid of ground loops that the Samson amps sometimes pick up on. About 1 in 10 need it, but those that do find that 90 cent. plug takes care of any buzz 99% of the time.

It's something any red-blooded American male already has in his "he-man woman haters club" tool box anyway ;^)

Ron

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
Ahh ok I know what your talking about...altho I dont have one of them too boxes yet because I am not married...YET. hahaha
Great thanks yall...I will let yall know how it goes...because its TIME TO GO AND PLAY!!!!!!!!!:D :D

Thomas F

Stunt Coordinator
I'm anxiously awaiting your results. Could you also compare using just one CS+ with the 2200, just to be fair. How does it sound with music? I can't wait for my Ultra!

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
I finished too late to really check them out but at a first listen they are some BAD MOFO's and they go much much lower than my 2200 did!!! I dont know if thats because there is two now in oppicet corners but damn I like! The packaging was also top notch! once I have had a chance to check them out fully I will let every one know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks